Rings of Power -- all opinions and spoilers welcome thread.

Mercurius

Legend
I don't think so. They still show 399 positive reviews vs 72 negative in their list and the individual episodes still have high ratings. Something's either not displaying right or not calculating right.
Yeah, 399 of 471 is 85%...so that would go with the old number. Maybe the algorithm only accounts for the x-most recent reviews? I'm also not sure if it is a straight up percentage. Maybe some reviewers are more weighted than others.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Yeah, 399 of 471 is 85%...so that would go with the old number. Maybe the algorithm only accounts for the x-most recent reviews? I'm also not sure if it is a straight up percentage. Maybe some reviewers are more weighted than others.
I believe it's supposed to be a straight up percentage (although they do also say it can be affected by aggregate reviews from the individual episodes - but since they're high, they can't drag it down to 52% either). And there's not supposed to be a difference between how early vs later reviews are considered. They'd really be hosing its value if they did.
No, my guess is a technical glitch somewhere.

Mercurius

Legend
I believe it's supposed to be a straight up percentage (although they do also say it can be affected by aggregate reviews from the individual episodes - but since they're high, they can't drag it down to 52% either). And there's not supposed to be a difference between how early vs later reviews are considered. They'd really be hosing its value if they did.
No, my guess is a technical glitch somewhere.
Well, I guess I got to enjoy it in a schadenfreude stick-it-to-the-Man sort of away for a bit, at least ;).

Some viewership figures finally out. RoP was a flop, and only 37% of people in the US who started it managed to make it through the whole series: link

With steely determination, I was one of those few.

Season 2 has been hampered by a fire on set link. And a horse dying link, drawing PETA's ire; however you view PETA, equine casualties during filming are never a good look.

Zardnaar

Legend
Some viewership figures finally out. RoP was a flop, and only 37% of people in the US who started it managed to make it through the whole series: link

With steely determination, I was one of those few.

Season 2 has been hampered by a fire on set link. And a horse dying link, drawing PETA's ire; however you view PETA, equine casualties during filming are never a good look.

I found out via thus.

So apparently it kinda succeeded. Not good for season 2.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Yeah, I finished it too.

I just don't understand how somebody can go through all the trouble of making such an expensive, beautiful show and nobody thought to make sure it wasn't...boring?

I really hope they up the pace of events for season 2.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, I finished it too.

I just don't understand how somebody can go through all the trouble of making such an expensive, beautiful show and nobody thought to make sure it wasn't...boring?

I really hope they up the pace of events for season 2.

Think I liked the last two or three episodes. That first episode though ouch.

Kinda cracks me up comparing it to Shadow and Bone season 1. Made for fraction of the cost a lot better.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Think I liked the last two or three episodes. That first episode though ouch.

Kinda cracks me up comparing it to Shadow and Bone season 1. Made for fraction of the cost a lot better.
Same.

Stuff happened in those. Those middle few episodes? Nothing of consequence really happens you could have condensed all of that down to like one episode. Lots of Galadriel spinning her wheels on Numenor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Middle Earth (LotR & Hobbit) is one man's story, that's it, it was never meant to be more then that, it was never meant to a shared world universe, its not D&D.

So I think continuously trying to turn it it into something its not to milk it for cash will be a disaster.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Wow, that is a very opinionated piece. The 37% thing is pretty damning, but I will ignore the rest.
I found out via thus.

I don't know this guy from Adam. Is he reliable? Biased? I got nothin'.

Anyway, I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. I watched it again with my daughter, and it works a lot better not having to wait a week between episodes. I think the first 2 episodes and the last 3 are the strongest.

Looking forward to season 2.

Remove ads