Rise of the Empire

Gez

First Post
I guess what Vitalis attempts could be described as a trip attack -- it tries to set one of the vermins off balance by yanking it to the side. [The monstrous solifugid gets a stability bonus for its many legs, but on the other hand, being on a roughly vertical and trying to climb should give it a circumstance penalty, I think. ?]

[Roll: 16 (die) +4=20.]

LogicsFate

First Post
The minotaur takes a small step forward, and lashes at the spider with a crack of his chain

ooc/ attack 5+12=17, damage 3+3+11=17, spot check 5+1=6, though if its applicable I might pick up something through scent [ooc/]

Ferrix

Explorer
NarlethDrider said:
The distance between you & 'ship' lessens as it begins to dip down toward the tree---the ship itself looks similar to that of a manta ray---a huge manta ray. There are several green lights upon the large ship----also, several long tendrils from the ship end in green lights; they seem to move on their own accord. As your perspective of the approaching ship changes, you notice several humanoid shaped individuals moving around on the deck---as you get closer, you see a strange sight as above several of the humanoids the image of the seekers (a three eyed goblin skull) appears for a lingering moment....

Aeryl continues her approach, hoping to inform them of the situation down below as quickly as possible.

LiquidAtom

First Post
Charek puts away his bow and draws his two longswords. He waits for someone to get into striking distance.

OOC: Spot check 12 (9 +3 spot)

NarlethDrider

First Post
ravos20 said:
(where is the ooc forum? i missed it ;o)
spot of 15 ( 15 die +0 wis)
(have any of the spiders noticed me? see my hide check further up)

OOC:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=120027
Your capabilities to meld with the shadows & remain utterly still serves you well. The large vermin seems to take no notice of you.

Gez said:
I guess what Vitalis attempts could be described as a trip attack -- it tries to set one of the vermins off balance by yanking it to the side. [The monstrous solifugid gets a stability bonus for its many legs, but on the other hand, being on a roughly vertical and trying to climb should give it a circumstance penalty, I think. ?]
[Roll: 16 (die) +4=20.]

You snag a couple of the beast’s legs & it lets out a fearsome chittering sound as it tugs stongly against you---a loud *POP* sounds and your chain goes slack---you drag the chain back---one of the creatures legs is intwined in the links…the creature tumbles down to the ground---illiciting a shout from the bugbear vermin master.

LogicsFate said:
The minotaur takes a small step forward, and lashes at the spider with a crack of his chain
ooc/ attack 5+12=17, damage 3+3+11=17, spot check 5+1=6, though if its applicable I might pick up something through scent [ooc/]

You here a *crack* as your chain connects with the creature’s hide---the expected counter attack doesn’t come as a shout from below summons the sun spiders to the vermin master’s side---your delicate nose no longer the acidic smell of the burning thorn bushes as the smell & dense smoke of burning wood begins to fill the air---the burning wood of the ancient tree upon which the group resides.

LiquidAtom said:
Charek puts away his bow and draws his two longswords. He waits for someone to get into striking distance.
OOC: Spot check 12 (9 +3 spot)

You hear the scrape of the sun spider’s claws on the wood near the rim of the wall---with a shout from below, they recede as thick smoke begins to rise…through a break in the smoke---a glint of something illuminated by the light of the moons. Your keen eyes pick up something flitting in the distance---several things---their flight is not that of a bird, or a bat, or even that of the pterosaur riding halflings---its more like that of a bee or a wasp flitting about on a spring day…your mind races back to the stories of youth told by elderly teachers---stories of the martial greatness of the Dhakaani Empire----stories of insects & arachnids of immense size that were used to destroy the enemies of the empire.

A chill travels down your spine as you realize those flitting creatures are giant hornets bred for war---but, you remember, they were used for ‘short sorties’---certainly there hasn’t been anything around that could support a battle hive. Then you begin to fill rhythmic vibrations---something immense this way comes---in the darkness, beyond the flying shapes, faint points of torchlight can be seen---your eye gages that whatever is coming forward, its taller than the tree!

(OOC: sorry i've been away so long, I've been down w/my back. I'll get the sylph & the newbies going tomorrow & get the game moving along)

LogicsFate

First Post
Hearon

NarlethDrider said:
You here a *crack* as your chain connects with the creature’s hide---the expected counter attack doesn’t come as a shout from below summons the sun spiders to the vermin master’s side---your delicate nose no longer the acidic smell of the burning thorn bushes as the smell & dense smoke of burning wood begins to fill the air---the burning wood of the ancient tree upon which the group resides.

[/ooc]How soon till the fire reaches our position, and on a related note how soon till our ride reaches our position [/ooc]
Hearon retrieves his bow and in a monotone states

Too easy

Gez

First Post
The warforged, not seeing what it could do to slow the progress of the flames, and seeing the vermin assault has been stopped, rolls back its whip and waits for the ride to arrive.

NarlethDrider

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Hearon retrieves his bow and in a monotone states

Too easy

Yaggl snots, "Heh, too easy. No, we're just witnessing a few faints as they figure out what to do with us. Don't worry, you'll get to to shed blood soon---if not here, then Xen'drik."

Yaggl closes his eyes for a moment & squints his eyes in concentration---Aeryl 'heres' his voice in her head, "Aeryl, reveal yourself to the captain aboard the ship & tell him to drop lines----we dont have time for him to 'dock' with the tree for something huge is coming our way as well as several flyers! Also, 'speak' with your mind to the seekers aboard the ship---this will establish you to be a genuine seeker & not some pawn of the enemy."
Yaggl's instructions come to Aeryl a mere few seconds from the ship....

NarlethDrider

First Post
look, up in da sky

Aeryl approaches the flying ship (invisible still I'm assuming?)---she sees the seeker brand flash above several of the occupants that seem to be standing in a group on the deck---staying out of the way of several halfling sized beings that are running along the deck, placing large x-bows along the edges of the ship. Strangely, pods grow up from the ships rail to support the x-bows-----

(New Folks)
Among the bustle on deck, you see the brief flash of the seeker brand seemingly materialize above the rail on one side of the ship---strangley, you do not see anything that the image is 'attached' to---

(OOC: New folks---yall do know two of the capabilities of the seeker brand. 1) it allows telepathic comunication within a 50' radius---2)the seeker brand does flash above seekers when they first meet----though only other so branded folks will see them)

G

Guest 11456

Kreek : Male Blackscale Lizardfolk Monk 4

Unfortunately for the massive lizardman it was always difficult for him to use the telepathic comunication ability. So he had to concentrate for a moment before being able to send his short message. "What situation be? Ready to act am I."

Remove ads