D&D 5E Rise of the Necromancer OOC

Queenie

Queen of Everything
This is an issue, I've got two players that are story line driven yet they are out. But we will get some action soon.

So, I am here! And not dead, which generally makes me happy. I hadn't expected to be so overall sick feeling and essentially off the internet with the exception of some FB phone browsing.

Anyhoo... initially I had thought Lola would take the next day to get an apartment or some other type of "more permanent" lodgings and sort of distance herself from the group so our plot would work. Then you mentioned you wanted everyone to stick together, and since I wasn't feeling well... I know I just kind of disappeared. Big apologies to everyone for that.

If you want Lola (and Casca) to be with the main group, that's fine. I'll catch up and make a post about it. Whatever makes it easiest for you [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION]. Or, if you want fenris and I to step out, we can do that as well and you can run Lola as an NPC. Your call.

eayres33

Explorer
So, I am here! And not dead, which generally makes me happy. I hadn't expected to be so overall sick feeling and essentially off the internet with the exception of some FB phone browsing.

Anyhoo... initially I had thought Lola would take the next day to get an apartment or some other type of "more permanent" lodgings and sort of distance herself from the group so our plot would work. Then you mentioned you wanted everyone to stick together, and since I wasn't feeling well... I know I just kind of disappeared. Big apologies to everyone for that.

If you want Lola (and Casca) to be with the main group, that's fine. I'll catch up and make a post about it. Whatever makes it easiest for you [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION]. Or, if you want fenris and I to step out, we can do that as well and you can run Lola as an NPC. Your call.

Glad you are feeling better, it makes sense to have Lola and Casca out doing there own thing, they could have met up with some of the other people on the list to cut down on getting information.

No need to step out, and I would miss having the two of you here, so you and Fenris can post as needed securing a room or what ever you need to do in town and we will just have everyone meet up once the other four are done talking to Hego.

eayres33

Explorer
Okay everyone a general interest check, I'm not seeing the interest in this game to keep creating content. Maybe I am wrong, and if I am please let me know, I love the overall story and I love playing for more evilish characters.

If there is interest to play and evil game, but not interest in this storyline I understand. If we want to call it, I will keep any of the players of this game first in line for either the Starfinder game I start, or the next D&D AP, and we can play either of those as evil if you choose.

Or we can carry on, it is all up to you.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't think it is interest we lack, so much as direction. Speaking for myself (I assume everyone is similar, but I could be wrong): I am into the story, but I am unclear what it is you need us to do.

Fradak

Explorer
I'm really into it and ready to go. It's a great group of players and characters. You are mastering it perfectly, don't change anything.

Now for the story part, we have to act subtly in this chapter and I don't want to ruin others efforts by being a gnoll so I let more subtle people interact (until I see an entry point). If what you need is to move on, I'm ready to go, but everyone will face the consequences of a gnoll actions.

Now about what Fitz said, yep direction is a problem. But I suppose it is the point. We have to find a way by our self. Maybe we just need a group leader.

An other point is we don't known Dakar at all so I suppose it slow us down when we have to make a choice or take a direction in this political intrigue.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Good to know it’s not a lack of interest, and it has been a little directionless. I thought PBP would be a great place for a true sandbox, but I’ve noticed that it really grinds it to a halt at times, so I will at least work on laying breadcrumbs down a path.

I’ll move us along tomorrow, at the moment I’ll have Lola and Casca off chasing down other leads while the rest move on to the crypt.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've discovered (in my short time running PBP) that you actually need to lead more when your first thought is that you'd need to lead (the players) less. It has to do with the amount of time it takes for a group to come to a consensus. If you say "you can do anything, what do you want to do?" You will get a combination of: Crickets; Someone doing something that doesn't make a lot of sense; Someone suggesting something that needs follow-up.; and by the time you've worked that out, someone has made another suggestion that doesn't jive with what the others have said. It's herding cats.

I've come to the conclusion that it's best to style it a bit "choose your own adventure". You need to give some pretty clear options, let people pick, and run with the thing that the most people picked.

It's either that or just play each post by itself, like multiple solo-games. Just let each player do whatever they are going to do, and respond only to players that post. It would work for a sandbox, but not for a high-combat game, and would only work marginally well in D&D at all.

Remove ads