• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ritual Magic (A new book of magic)

Crashy75

First Post
Stratovarius said:
Yes, that I did, although 4e has thrown some kinks into the plan. I suppose I'm far enough along that I finish up the book and release it for 3.5, but given that I still need to write all of the flavour text for it, I might not have it done in anything resembling a timely manner, and with 4e just around the corner, I doubt it's worthwhile to actually put in the effort. So, keep going for 3.5 or wait?
I know what you're talking about. I was in the middle of creating a tinker-like class and redoing desert wind when this came up.
I would hold up on any mechanical issues until 4e is out (assuming you'll be converting- I know I will. E4 will eat 3.5 within a few months after release I imagine.) There is no reason you can't finish up on the flavour however. Personally I love your ideas and hope you continue on through 4e.

Ishmayl

First Post
I've been following this thread and your Time Magic thread, and I do hope you continue working on them. I would love to see these in some sort of book form, and quite frankly, I would probably buy it even if it was 3.5. Great threads.

Stratovarius

First Post
Crashy75 said:
I know what you're talking about. I was in the middle of creating a tinker-like class and redoing desert wind when this came up.
I would hold up on any mechanical issues until 4e is out (assuming you'll be converting- I know I will. E4 will eat 3.5 within a few months after release I imagine.) There is no reason you can't finish up on the flavour however. Personally I love your ideas and hope you continue on through 4e.

I might do, might not. It depends where my interests take me. Had it stayed 3.5, I know I would have finished all of the material I have planned, but with 4e coming it, it's fairly likely at least half of it will be quietly shut down.

Ishmayl said:
I've been following this thread and your Time Magic thread, and I do hope you continue working on them. I would love to see these in some sort of book form, and quite frankly, I would probably buy it even if it was 3.5. Great threads.

Well, I'm certainly going to finish Ritual Magic for 3.5, its close enough that I can probably do it if I get a good solid week or two to work on it, it's just a matter of finding all of the free time. I have one other project to finish first through, and then I can devote more time to Ritual Magic.

Stratovarius

First Post
Alright, it's been a lot longer than I would like, but everything aside from editting and creatures are complete, and right now I'm sitting down and reworking all of the rituals for the classes, including reformatting them to be closer to WotC standard, and a little more expressive of how each one functions. After that, I'll start putting together the monsters and templates. Much of the issue is just transfering things from paper to computer, and the minor edits that go with it (which spell creates a magic item, for example).

I haven't read all of it yet, but I very much like what I've seen. I wish, though, that I'd seen your unraveller about a month ago when I was making an end-boss that I called a world-breaker. They have a very similar flavor, and the world-breaker prestige class I made for him would be truly nasty on top of your unraveller.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this when I have more time, and I'd love to get a copy of this in .pdf format when you declare it done. If you have it in .doc format, I could convert it to .pdf for you if you want.

Skade

Explorer
This is my first Enworld post in years, lol.

This seems really very nicely laid out. I've only given it an overview, but I like the possibilities here, and the concepts in the rituals. I'm running an IH based game now, otherwise I'd love to playtest some of it for you, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the effort you went to in this.

Stratovarius

First Post
Skade said:
This is my first Enworld post in years, lol.

This seems really very nicely laid out. I've only given it an overview, but I like the possibilities here, and the concepts in the rituals. I'm running an IH based game now, otherwise I'd love to playtest some of it for you, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the effort you went to in this.

Thank you. It's still coming along, and the mechanical material is almost complete. There's a few more feats, about 10 monsters, and 4 races (one is really a monster race) to complete, and then it gets stamped as finished for mechanical content. After that, it's a lot of fluff text and clarity editing. If all goes well, a first run of the book will be ready by Halloween.

Stratovarius

First Post
The book is mechanically complete, and is now only waiting on the editing and the artwork before it is released. For any of those who wish to playtest it, please message me.

Remove ads