• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (OOC)

Borson

First Post
nope, I had a bag with gold in it. and I already have my weapons, my Fists of Fury! w00T!

since my initiative is so low, I'll wait to post till you guys kill them LOL (j/k)

dave_o, feel free to add my punches into the mix as a DM scripted action if you wish. plus I'll be pretty busy most of the weekend, with maybe some time to read but not to post likely... we'll see how it goes, I might luck out and have some time.

Songdragon

Explorer
I know it's to move the story along, but I was curious... Makh taking the lead and moving down the corridor in stealth mode and watching for baddies, was kinda just for what is happening. Not to get surprised and/or ambushed. Makh was to look about before the rest of the party decided to peek their heads out and get into a nasty fight, which most of us cannot really take. ...why we'd all move out out en masse into the waiting arms of the big bad mages and guard?

I'm fine going with it... It merely is kinda contradictory to what we were trying to do, I believe, and really hurt us more then helps. Perhaps for future actions then.

~ Songdragon ~

Bront

The man with the probe
Did the guards see us? I see no indication as to them actualy noticing us, or I'm just missing it if it's there.

Becca Bot

First Post
Bront said:
Did the guards see us? I see no indication as to them actualy noticing us, or I'm just missing it if it's there.

Nooo kidding. I don't know why/how/when the guards actually saw us. And as for moving out, Tish did so because *I* meta-gamed a bit. Har har. The guard did not see him, so in the wording I guessed that the guard left, or kept walking. But, lo and behold, I guess I effed that up. Oh wellsies. As long as we don't die, I'm cool with fighting. Or we could just have Orb seduce them, if she knows what that word even means.

dave_o

Explorer
Well, you guys were movin' down the hall. I rolled Move Silently and Hides for everyone, which several people rolled really low on. Also -- as guards tend to patrol prisons, a patrol happened by. It occured to me that the group would move to match Makh as he moved along, but I suppose I'm wrong there.

In any case, the prison guards looked down the hall to check on the cell and found a group of escaping prisoners. In the future I'll try to be less cinematic and more literal.

jkason

First Post
I had a couple potions, too.

Songdragon said:
I know it's to move the story along, but I was curious... why we'd all move out out en masse into the waiting arms of the big bad mages and guard?

Glad I wasn't the only one. I wondered how Josh wound up so far in front, myself. ;)

Bront said:

Well, at least one of them is only about five feet away from Josh, and the corridor's been established to have gaslight, so unless he has the worst Spot check ever, I figure he saw us. If that's not the case, dave_o, please let me know and I'll definitely edit my actions.

Edit: nevermind. you posted to clarify while I was composing... :eek:

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. All you had to do was mention them eyeing one of the escaping prisoners.

And Orb knows the word, and could probably do a realy good job, but she's sort of behind a mob of people.

dave_o

Explorer
Also -- in the future so people don't get upset I'd like you guys to post exact marching orders for when it's important since I sort of just had to go on initative/how long it took people to do things/etc. Eliminating guesswork makes everyone happy!

Bibliophile

First Post
I had a pair of weak wondrous items.

In any case, did I detect any magic coming from the guards in the corridor?

*edit* also are any of the guards orcs or goblinoids?

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Bibliophile said:
I had a pair of weak wondrous items.

In any case, did I detect any magic coming from the guards in the corridor?

Initially I thought you would, but apparently spells/spell-casting only shows up on Detect Magic when the spell is being cast, so not yet you haven't. :D I'm sorry about that post. I'm running on like four hours to sleep here. I'll try and go back and edit a few parts.

Any thoughts on the screenplay format? I just wanted to try a post in it to see how it flows. Not very well, it seems. :heh:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads