• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (OOC)

dave_o

Explorer
Here's some stuff. DURATIONS -- Josh's Charm Person, 2 hours. Dartan's Detect Magic, 1 minute 54 seconds.

Some failed saves, some made saves that last round. ;) Dartan, that nasty Net spell you got nailed with gives a -2 to attack rolls and gives an effective -4 penalty to your Dex score. You also cannot move. But you can use a full-round action to try and break free with either a Strength or Escape Artist check.

The guys are pretty tough cookies. :D

dave_o

Explorer
Bibliophile said:
Dave_o: was it a failure on the grapple check? Or did I suffer an attack of opportunity? Just curious.

Got nailed with an AoO. I had some internal debate over if subdual damage would be enough to count, but the rules say "damage," so I figured any would do. But you've got a cool shiner now! :D

Becca Bot

First Post
Bront --

Pay attention to the order! You're posting too soon. I'm waiting around for eeeeeeeveryone to post, because I'm apparently last or close to it. So, yeah, unfair if you guys don't follow the pattern. :(

doghead

thotd
BB, having people post in itiative order has some advantages. Its more like a table top game and allows you to respond to what has been done by others before you. But it will probably slow the game down considerably.

If the Big Oh wants us to do it that way, I'm sure we can do it. But I wouldn't suggest doing it that way.

thotd

Bront

The man with the probe
Becca Bot said:
Bront --

Pay attention to the order! You're posting too soon. I'm waiting around for eeeeeeeveryone to post, because I'm apparently last or close to it. So, yeah, unfair if you guys don't follow the pattern. :(
Actualy, I'm posting early intentionaly.

If you post ahead of time, with some conditionals, it means that when it's your turn, the combat itsn't waiting on you.

It makes combat move faster. If everyone does that, you can usually go through a round or two a day (I've been in a game were an entire combat was done in less than 8 hours in a PbP).

Just a thought on expiditing things.

But as Doghead said, however the GM wants it.

dave_o

Explorer
I want people to try and post a couple of steps within their initative order. That way, honestly, I don't get confused. :D Posting early is fine but I'd suggest posting like within two or three steps of yer own initative. Just for my sake.

Also -- I very much enjoy how this is going so far and can't wait to get into some deep roleplay. ;) I think you guys will enjoy the world of Rivets a ton. Hell, I've got some nice surprises in store in the Big Sink itself (if you can find them). I'll probably award some XP once you guys get out of the prison itself (if you do). :D

Just a reminder we go on vacation from DECEMBER 20 to JANUARY 4 so the game will be on haitus from those dates, and I'd appreciate it if everyone stuck their charcter in that format I posted a little earlier -- even if they hate it. Again, just for my sake. I'm juggling a lot and that format's way easy for me to use.

So what sort of reactions/impressions so the PCs have of each other so far? Anyone have some goals, vendettas, etc. thought up? Let's gab about that some. ;) And of course, if they're secret-y, just e-mail me or spoiler them or something.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Looks good :)

I might suggest that we put our combat orders in sblocks, so you can sort them out easier and weave them into a story. That might make things good on both ends.

Also, I would suggest you set a deadline to reply in combat (24-48 hours is usually good, perhaps more on the weekend)

Remove ads