• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (OOC)

Bibliophile

First Post
Personally, I think the screenplay format works pretty well. It makes everything a bit more cinematic. :-D

Any word on whether any of the guards/thaumaturges are orcs or goblinoids?

dave_o

Explorer
Bibliophile said:
Personally, I think the screenplay format works pretty well. It makes everything a bit more cinematic. :-D

Any word on whether any of the guards/thaumaturges are orcs or goblinoids?

Edited it into the post. All four guards are humans.

Bibliophile

First Post
What do we, IC, know about the thaumaturges's fighting?

From earlier, I thought they were mages, but their description seems to imply that they use some sort of electrical device to attack?

Bront

The man with the probe
dave_o said:
Any thoughts on the screenplay format? I just wanted to try a post in it to see how it flows. Not very well, it seems. :heh:
I didn't particularly care for it, mostly from it breaking the flow of the story like feel of a PbP.

Bibliophile

First Post
*waiting to see what happens to the guard...* :-D

And the action begins!

In any case, I think we can take them. They're obviously not expecting very powerful prisoners, as no precautions against spellcasting were taken (i.e.- we weren't gagged, with bound hands, etc). Plus we outnumber them! All we really need to deal with is movement in this cramped corridor...

Bront

The man with the probe
dave_o said:
Bront, just FYI, you can pretty much move through friendly squares just as if they were empty. If you want. :D
Doh, forgot about that, yehs, I'll do that.

Fix later

Songdragon

Explorer
Dave... No worries. I'm not upset or any such... merely wondering how things were being handled and why things were the way they were. And since we learned form this, I assume we will do it differently as you stated.

Note to self... tell the folks who cannot hide or move quietly to remain a ways back... ;)

And onward... Let's kick some guard butt! Unless one of the bards want to talk all nice to them... 'charm' spell anyone :) Well the big dextrous guy is way back in the order of inative... so we'll see how things go.

~ Songdragon ~

dave_o

Explorer
Just as a reminder, from now on someone will need to post the offical marching order when it's necessary so there are no discrepancies. And I'll try to start posting the actual roll results, though with some 27+ checks that might be more trouble than it's worth. :D I usually just roll and keep a little .txt of who's current Spot/Listen/Move Silently/Hide is what.

I fully encourage everyone to get as cinematic and artsy-fartsy with their posts as possible cuz I will definately award circumstance bonuses for trying to keep the game pretty and cinematic. Odds are I'll ditch the camera directions cuz there's sometimes some confusing terminology, but I will keep "scenes" in mind as I write narrative. Compromise! :D

Bibliophile

First Post
*edit* I'll post Dartan's actions now, in case I don't wake up very early. (Basically, assume he acts as posted, unless the guard does something _Big_ and _Surprising_, like resisting Josh's spell and dropping someone past zero hp with a gunshot)

Last edited:

Remove ads