• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RJK'S Cairn of the Skeleton King

You will find that the paladin's body is freezingly cold, like if he had laid days in a snowy field... Not like if he had been killed a few minutes ago...

[sblock]I do all the rolls. ;)[/sblock]

As you keep talking, the world around you seems... To dim... As if the light of the sun was taken away, as if a veil was hanged to shield earth from the rays...

And, more in trance than awake, you perceive two voices...

He Who Walks East...

And then, from very near, like from in front of you, a yelling shout: "Step back from the fire!"

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Stopping his movements and playfulness, Rupert muses for a few seconds.

"You know, this fire is still relatively young, but when I searched his body, it wasn't warm. It didn't dawn on me until just now, but you'd think if he just died that it'd be a little warm, especially right next to the fire. I'm no healer and I won't feign to be, but this seems unnatural."

When all lights go off, Rupert enters his trance, almost imperceptably taking in the odd voice. But as soon as he hears the urgency in the second voice, his lithe body naturally darts away from the fire.

[sblock]Tumble +12[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
ethandrew said:
Patting the wizard on the back of the thigh, he teases, "I bet you didn't see this mess happening."

She laughs "Rupey, baby, don't tell me this kind of thing turns you on." We have been in the woods for too long...

When the light begins to dim Maigreth stands up, looking around nervously "On second thought, it might not be a bad idea to give him a cremation...", and casts Mage Armor.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Stepping into the light's edge, still covered in troll-ichor, the cleric has his warhammer in hand. "Step away from the body my companions. If he was killed by whights or shadows or phantoms, he could rise as one at any moment. The touch of such horrors can steal the warmth of the living." With thorns still protruding from his maul, Titus cautiously aproaches the corpse.
[sblock=OOC]I'll be back online between 10&12, try not to post 20 times before I get back this time :p [/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Damn, they took the head. I could've used that.

Anton looks about warily, and the raven on his shoulder turns its own head every which way. Well aware that some members of the group are prejudiced against necromancers such as himself - indeed, it seemed like once it became known that he'd hired on as a guard, every hunter of undead in the region had been swift to follow, at best to keep an eye on him - he is looking as much for suspicion from the others as for the source of the strange voices.

"I will check if there any lingering phantoms" he says, as he casts detect undead and holds concentration.

[sblock=Ivid]1st level spell; he will sweep the area with it. Meanwhile, Reezo uses his detect magic spell-like ability and does the same.[/sblock]

DM_Matt

First Post
Rupert's sudden movement rises Clara from deep thought

"Unnatural indeed. Maigreth, are their any unusual auras around? I wonder what kind of fell creature causes this"

[sblock] If she was assaulting a nest of trolls, she would have cast her Greater Mage Armor for the day

Knowledge Checks: Arcana and Religion +16, The Planes, Dungeoneering, and Engineering +14
Spellcraft +16

[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Unsure if his sudden movements were warranted, Rupert feels a bit sheepish. Dusting off his pants, he looks at Titus and mutters under his breath, "I know about undead all too well."

Knowing full well this wasn't of Anton's doings, Ruper still casts a wary eye at the man. He was a little late getting back to the camp, but that was probably due to a slow gait and not anything devious.

Deciding he was finished furrowing his brow for the moment, Rupert gets closer to the magic wielders, "Do you see anything my eyes can't see?"

zoons

First Post
Zanax and Moja arrived at the campsite only a few minutes after the party. Having destroyed the Trolls, Moja was nearly in a blood lust frenzy and was eager for a supper involving a fresh kill. Zanax and Moja would only slow the party down if they tried to remain together, so they had split briefly, intending to arrive with the party at camp.

As they arived, Moja's coat bristled and his back arched and teeth bared. "Trouble" he growled. Moja smelled fresh blood.

Zanax pulled up Moja and paused at the edge of the clearing as the world darkened unnaturally. "Indeed" he whispered to Moja. Zanax tried to stay concealed while signaling his friends to his presence. Moja used his senses to watch their backs while Zanax watched the scene unfolding for a few moments.

Before you, the flames of the campfire freeze...

99-2730sm.jpg

They don't go out, but slowly turn solid, and, whiel burning, seem totransform into crystaline forms...

Some twenty meters before you in the distance, you see a small tree suddenly twist and turn, like shaken by a strong storm... But the wind is quiet...

Then, all out of nowhere, ice crystals begin to form around the leaves and the trunk...

Frozen%20tree.jpg

And then, the tree just explodes into thousands of frozen shards...

Remove ads