• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RJK'S Cairn of the Skeleton King

Reezo and Maigreth will suddenly sink to their knees, their heads hurting brutally...

Reezo will find that his noose has begun to bleed...

[sblock]
Take that as a response to the several checks you made... - 1 CON, for the moment.
509.gif
[/sblock]

Kafkonia

First Post
"Bahamut'sss Ssscalesss!" Timrek exclaims, watching the situation unfold. "What isss going on in thisss accurssssed wood?"

He draws his sword and prepares to defend his companions against anything that may threaten them.

Vertexx69

First Post
Raising his shield instinctively to ward off flying bits of frozen tree while squating down, Battlehammer glances back toward the party. "Apparently 'he who walks east' fears the purity of the fire." Then turning to the frozen flame, and opening his tooth-filled maw, Titus unleashes a sizzling line of blistering orange flame deep into it's heart to reignite the wood. "We'll just to keep it warmer than this fiend can handle."

[sblock=OOC]3D8 fire dmg to the ice block over the wood 1D4 rounds til i can breath again.[/sblock]
[sblock=Thinking]Was the fallen paladins armor magical fullplate? Since it sizes itself to the new wearer I could upgrade...even if it isn't a spare suit would be handy.[/sblock]
Seeing the wizard & demonling fall after detecting magic, Titus thinks better of casting it too. "Perhaps the foul beast is hiding in the shadows of invisiblity."

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Rupert runs over to Reezo and Maigreth, helping them both to stand in turn.

"Now that is something I've never seen before. A whole bunch of unnatural is happening tonight," Rupert states as he pulls out his sling, just in case. Looking over at Titus, he wonders aloud, "Is there any other means to flush out invisible foes? Or even make fire freeze? This is beyond my knowledge."

zoons

First Post
Zanax steps out from behind the tree and enter's the circle around the fire, figuring better safety for all to be together since no foe has presented itself. He readies his Bag of Tricks to be able to add quickly to the party's number if necessary.

"Rupe, if Moja can't freeze fire, nothing natural can. While he can cease the flame, naught but magic can make it tangeble. Invisible, our foe is. Or distant, scrying us like birds in a cage."

He turns to the group as a whole.

"What do we know of our fugitives? Have they known allies, or logical places to flee to?"

ethandrew

First Post
"I hate being spied on. I'd much rather be the one doing the subterfuge, not the victim." Turning to Zanax, "Does Mojo smell anything out of the ordinary? You should know, if things go south fast, he's a perfect mount for me and I'd feel no less dignified to hop a ride."

Not sure if his weak attempt at humor at this serious juncture is appreciated, Rupert decides on a different tactic. Shouting loudly, in a voice that portrays more fear than actually exists, "Whoever is out there, playing these awful tricks, just please come out and finish us off. We've just fought a hard-won battle with a group of trolls and we're at our most desperate. We're hanging on by a mere thread, the misery is more than we can take. Just please, I beg of you, finish the job."

Rupert sighs and speaks quietly so his companions can hear, "There's no chance in hell that'll work."

[sblock]Bluff check +0. No chance in hell at all :)[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
"Aargh! Oh my head. Ah." Maigreth clutches her head, cursing under her breath. Beginning to recover she accepts Ruperts help gratefully, "Thank you, and no I didn't see this mess happening...Hopefully I will soon see the source."
She casts See Invisibility and looks around (supressing the Detect Magic spell for the moment, fearing a return of the agony.)

ooc: Does Maigreth believe that attacking the frozen fire will accomplish anything? (I have no clue)
Knowledge Arcana (Int):.......15 (10+5)
Knowledge Dungeoneering (Int):15 (10+5)
Knowledge The Planes (Int):...15 (10+5)
Spellcraft (Int):.............15 (10+5)

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Nephtys said:
"Aargh! Oh my head. Ah." Maigreth clutches her head, cursing under her breath. Beginning to recover she accepts Ruperts help gratefully, "Thank you, and no I didn't see this mess happening...Hopefully I will soon see the source."
She casts See Invisibility and looks around (supressing the Detect Magic spell for the moment, fearing a return of the agony.)

ooc: Does Maigreth believe that attacking the frozen fire will accomplish anything? (I have no clue)
Knowledge Arcana (Int):.......15 (10+5)
Knowledge Dungeoneering (Int):15 (10+5)
Knowledge The Planes (Int):...15 (10+5)
Spellcraft (Int):.............15 (10+5)

OOC: I similarly reiterate my query of do I know what might cause this.

zoons

First Post
ethandrew said:
Turning to Zanax, "Does Mojo smell anything out of the ordinary? You should know, if things go south fast, he's a perfect mount for me and I'd feel no less dignified to hop a ride."

Zanax instinctively steps forward quickly between Moja and Rupert as Moja begins to bare his teeth and shake his head as if he's just eaten something that tastes terrible.

"Ha - Ha" Zanax laughs forceibly. "His humor is quite dry and witty, eh Moja?" Perhaps when the situation is more appropriate, he will discuss the odd lack of a sense of humor that Winter Wolves have with Rupert.

As Maigreth casts her spell, Zanax and Moja use their skills to try to ascertain a source for the strange magics.

[sblock] Skills used are Moja's Track ability (Survival - Smell) (+5) and Zanax's Spot (+10), Listen (+13) and Knowledge (Nature) (+9)[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Reezo squawks in pain and turns himself invisible.

Anton can easily guess what his familiar had been up to.

"I don't sense any undead here" he informs the group.

Perhaps it's time for a tactical withdrawal from this area he muses but I don't want to seem craven, and besides, with all this fancy magic here I might learn something.

Remove ads