Robert Schwalb releases his version of Warlord

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version of one of my favorite classes? Sold.

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version of one of my favorite classes? Sold.

G

Guest 6801328

Yes, you need to explain this, as creating a class is not possible on D&D Beyond. Only subclasses.

Sorry I had to explain that to you.

And you pay MONEY for software that crappy? /shakeshead

P.T. Barnum nailed it, I guess.

jgsugden

Legend

Look, you're the ... person ... that decided to mock something you didn't know much, if anything, about. I've gotten my value out of D&D beyond. I highly recommend it.

For those trying to remember how to block someone, you click on their profile and the option will be under their name.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

bruh-im-throwing-a-flag-that-was-unnecessary-roughness.jpg

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'm not familiar with Robert Schwalb, or his work, but I have to say that just going by his name, I'm imagining his warlord's combat inspiration gives you Investment benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

MechaPilot

Explorer
. . . creating a class is not possible on D&D Beyond. Only subclasses.

I can't create classes with it and I have to re-buy my books again for use with it?

I wonder why THAT'S not more popular.

Sorry, maybe that's being a little too sarcastic, and maybe I'm kind of piling on. If you enjoy D&D Beyond, then I'm genuinely glad for you. However, it seems the more I hear about it the more it seems like it's actively trying to push me away from being a customer.

so the class has something like the hobgoblin commander's d4 to add to things (kinda like bardic inspiration as well) It also has bonus damage right off the bat. So this class helps in the 'grant bonus to hit, and bonus to damage' category as someone else pointed out a give up attack to grant someone elese one comes at level 6. at that same level it has a way to give allies a bonus to initative...and a little before that a way to grant temp hp. all in all that feels right...but still feels off.

I laugh at them getting a second attack at 5th like fighters, but since that is right around the corner from the 'give up to grant attack' I can dig it.

10th level (the last one I look at normally because other then that I consider 'high level') you finally get a healing ability...and it is HD dependent...It just seems so late in the game.

the subclasses are alright, but even the tactical one doesn't feel very 'int warlordy' to me.

I don't think it is bad, but it is far from great. I will say for the first 5 levels of play it bearly feels like a full warlord.

jgsugden

Legend
I can't create classes with it and I have to re-buy my books again for use with it?

I wonder why THAT'S not more popular.

Sorry, maybe that's being a little too sarcastic, and maybe I'm kind of piling on. If you enjoy D&D Beyond, then I'm genuinely glad for you. However, it seems the more I hear about it the more it seems like it's actively trying to push me away from being a customer.
If you expect something to have every possible feature imaginable, you'll be disappointed. D&D Beyond is not perfect, but it is very good and saves me a lot of time, and it saves my back. I can go to my games with Dice and my Tablet and cover everything I need to cover, whether it is summned monster stats, spells, rules, etc.... As a DM, it saves me a lot of time and effort. I can see the sheets of the PCs without asking them their perception score, I can look at what spells they can access when considering a puzzle, etc... It is very useful. If ou have no tried it, it is worth a shot.

Remove ads

Remove ads