Robin D Laws' 7 player-types. Which are you?

Aaron L

Hero
Where is the simulationist? I like to create a character down to the toenails, and then research every detail of what they would be like. And then kick butt with them.

the Jester

Legend
I'm a multiclassed tactician 4/storyteller 5/buttkicker 2/game master 10 (I think I got my first epic level in gm when Tharizdun ate my old campaign world- Greyhawk, no less). I grew up in northern California redneck zones so my favored class in buttkicker, so there's no xp penalty.

Boy, if I'd earned all those levels in 3e it wouldn't have taken nearly as long!:D

Harlock

First Post
*I* play classless D&D so none of these apply to me. By classless I don't mean no PC classes, I mean our game is really base. We sit around and make body function noises, spill cokes all over our sheets and dance on top of tables with Jack from the steerage section.

Actually I would be a blend of casual gamer and serious rollplayer types. I know they don't sound like they mix but, our group doesn't take itself too seriously. We use character names and roleplay encounters and we catch up on the weeks trials and tribulations out of game. We have fun. I hope you do too. :)

Remove ads