• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue//Scout Gestalt help

PureGoldx58

First Post
Yes I guess we were both arguing the same point, yes if a Scout moves 10" and shoots (or melee's but he is an archer) a target who is denied their Attribute bonus to AC then they are hit by Sneak Attack and Skirmish for 10d6 and 5d6 respectively.

As for the Uncanny Dodge our DM reviewed the Evidence and chose Option 1, Levels 2/8, I disagree with him but he is the DM (and it isn't my character :p )

Your DM doesn't understand the concept of gestalt, I assume. It is to give you more power, quicker. It is not to make you feel useless even earlier in the game and finally get a reward that by RAW you should have had 4 levels ago. Although again rogue/scout is a terrible idea.

Omegaxicor

First Post
Again, use an alternate class feature, otherwise he ends up losing a class feature for absolutely nothing in the end anyway.

He will be using the Disruptive Attack ACF, he gives up nothing and gains a way to sneak attack undead/constructs

Your DM doesn't understand the concept of gestalt, I assume. It is to give you more power, quicker. It is not to make you feel useless even earlier in the game and finally get a reward that by RAW you should have had 4 levels ago. Although again rogue/scout is a terrible idea.

Firstly, "He doesn't understand the concept of gestalt" IYO, the rules say "use whichever class has the fastest progression of a class feature" it doesn't support or refute either argument because one side says it's a class feature but you believe it is an ability (which by RAW is a class feature) but you can't say he doesn't understand something just because he believes something different from you...

and Second the character is hardly useless just because he gets one minor class feature later than normal (actually he gets it exactly when he should without gestalt)

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I'm assuming Puregold meant what I meant -- it's just a really bad gestalt, way too much overlap, he's really crippling himself. I mean, he has what? d8 HD, only reflex as a good save, medium BAB, same skill points from each side w/o much in the way of new class skills gained from either side, no spellcasting at all, AND the class feature overlap.

If he likes it, great, but I would've advised him to diversify his two classes a bit more...

Eman Resu

First Post
there is a feat in the scoundrel book for rogues that combines the rogue and scout sneak /skirmish together. Still not great class combo but this feat will be a good alternative to pc suicide.

2nd I suppose the class combo would make this pc an expert at both outdoors and life in the big city? Maybe its a flavor build? If it were me tell him to toss in at least 1 level of Psion -inertia armor, vigor, psionic grease

Last edited:

Omegaxicor

First Post
VERY sadly XPH and CS are unavailable to our group, might see if I can get the DM to accept .pdf versions but I don't think he will go for psionics

emoplato

First Post
Well I think he may want to take a dip in wizard so he can really utilize some UMD and spell trigger items. I mean he may get some decent damage it just takes opening up the opportunity and increasing the chance to hit which magic will give him in buffs and some control. He also may want to invest in blur strike weapons, render an opponent flat-footed autmotically 10/day.
On second thought ditch the rest of the rogue and go arcane trickster. It is a core prestige class and since he is pretty much using the scout as his base chasis he doesn't get hit with the base of the trickster while continuing sneak attack and spell casting.

Last edited:

Omegaxicor

First Post
I will let him know about the Arcane Trickster (I haven't looked at the prestige classes in the DM's handbook as much as other supplements)

thanks all

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads