• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue Sneak Attack Damage

Latency

First Post
First of all let me apologize if this has been asked and answer a million times. As the title suggests I have a question regarding the Rogue sneak attack ability. A Rogue with 2 attack's per round is in combat with the Bad guy and he is in flanking position with the fighter. Now my questions if the rogue does nothing but take his two attacks does he add the sneak attack damage to both attacks?

Thanks for the clarification :)

-edited for making a fool of myself - :)

Last edited:

IceBear

Explorer
Yes, this has been asked 2 million times (now 2 million and one). :D

Yes, you get to add your sneak attack damage on each attack that qualifies as a sneak attack.

Now queuing the people that think this makes the rogue too powerful followed by those that don't :)

IceBear

Last edited:

Beowulf

First Post
Aarg, sneak attack counts for every individual attack that meets the prereqs for sneak attacking, matey! That includes ititerative attacks while flanking, you scurvy sea-dog!

(It's Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day, btw)

Latency

First Post
Thanks Icebear that is what I thought but it is getting cold out there and I think my brain froze.

Again thanks for the help

Marc

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
I think giving any Rouge a sneak attack bonus makes facial makeup far too powerful.

Rogues, on the other hand, are a different story. :D

-Sagiro

Tom Cashel

First Post
Sagiro...I think you know he meant that a rogue was sneak attacking with rouge; it obviously wasn't the rouge doing the attacking.

Now then. If a rogue sneak attacks with rouge, he might have a good chance of blinding his opponent. Targets who wear a lot of makeup might be granted a Reflex save.

As far as being too powerful, last game the two rogues in my party flanked an enemy, and both of them were sneak attacking. Now that was nasty. Lucky for my NPC villain they didn't have any rouge on them.

Corlon

First Post
heheh

you read that article too didn't you beowulf.

arr, you'll be in davy jone's locker, sleeping with the fishes.
Wait... that would be "talk like a pirate, IN the godfather day.....

IceBear

Explorer
Well, if the ray of frost can't reach a vital spot then it can't do sneak attack damage. Don't forget that you can only do sneak attack damage as long as you can hit a vital spot.

That said, I think a ray of frost in the face or in the crotch (popsicles anyone :D) would do more damage :)

IceBear

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads