• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

roleplaying people are satanists ;)

radferth

First Post
Thurbane said:
Also, the tidbit that D&D promotes "homosexuality and cannibalism".

"Sorry Jim, you rolled a natural 1 - you know what that means...you gotta eat Rob!"

:confused:

Rob: "At least he didn't roll a 20."

Firebeetle

Explorer
Aeric said:
I remember finding one of these booklets on a grocery store shelf when I was in grade school (that's mainly how they distributed them, by leaving them in public places where people would come across them). I was already into RPGs and thought it was the funniest and most insulting thing I had ever seen.

I can't believe these things are still around 20+ years later. Why bash D&D, when there are more obvious inroads to Satanism, like Harry Potter! :p

Actually, you can't buy these anymore, I wrote and checked. I thought that the books would make a good novelty item for sale to gamers. Right now, if you want them you'll need to order 10,000.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Harmon said:
The people that create the drek about satan loving gamers are actually people of main line religious beliefs- oh, and there was that one kid that had "Satan Rules" drawn on a school book that had an AD&D PHB in a storage box twenty years ago, but there was no proof that he was actually a Satanist just some nut job main line religious figure that said he was.

How come some kid can write "Satan Rules" on his book and get national attention, but my lunchbox shrine to Sauron was only recognized by one teacher, who barely cracked a grin? Sauron is obviously more bad-ass than Satan. Where's my National Enquirer front page? Hell, even Skeletor is more scary than Satan, and you could buy Skeletor merchandise right off the shelf!

Drowbane

First Post
hahahahhaa!!!

Oh jeeze... This is the first time I've actually seen this... farce.

Surely this Jack Chick was some sort of comedic genius (nobody could be that... "off"... could they? o.0)

Man, I can't wait till my cleric hits level 8 so I too can begin to cast "real spells!".... (party just hit level 7... not long to wait!)

Ahh man, I needed that.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Drowbane said:
Surely this Jack Chick was some sort of comedic genius (nobody could be that... "off"... could they? o.0)

I'm not sure this makes you laugh or cry, but it was serious, back when it debuted in the 1980's. :) It's the kind of stuff I grew up hearing when I played D&D back in elementary, junior high, and high school.

Drowbane

First Post
Henry said:
I'm not sure this makes you laugh or cry, but it was serious, back when it debuted in the 1980's. :) It's the kind of stuff I grew up hearing when I played D&D back in elementary, junior high, and high school.

I dimly remember the Anti-D&D stuff from the mid-80s... (born 78 :p)

I'm just glad that the world has progressed some since then. :D

It has... hasn't it?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Drowbane said:
It has... hasn't it?

Google the words "Harry Potter" and "Book Burning." I really don't feel like going into details here, but the answer to your question is, "well... sort of." :)

But on the whole, the majority of folks have moved gaming in their internal ledgers from the "EVIL" to "GEEKY" column.

arscott

First Post
hexgrid said:
Ah, but Tolkien, at least, was Catholic. And you can be sure that Jack Chick considers Catholicism just as satanic as D&D.
In the original version of the tract, there's a footnote that criticizes the books of JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis, but it got removed in later versions. Given their respective talents as christian authors, It's not exactly in Chick's best interest to force people to choose between himelf and Lewis.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Henry said:
Google the words "Harry Potter" and "Book Burning." I really don't feel like going into details here, but the answer to your question is, "well... sort of." :)

But on the whole, the majority of folks have moved gaming in their internal ledgers from the "EVIL" to "GEEKY" column.

And I much preferred the label of evil satanist to unwashed geek. People tend to respect more the guy who they think might cut out their heart with a sacrificial knife on the night of the new moon. :]

Allensh

Explorer
Harmon said:
Hay Vortakh, you know what the secret to immortality is?

Being remembered. If you let these web sites die they will be forgotten.

The people that create the drek about satan loving gamers are actually people of main line religious beliefs- oh, and there was that one kid that had "Satan Rules" drawn on a school book that had an AD&D PHB in a storage box twenty years ago, but there was no proof that he was actually a Satanist just some nut job main line religious figure that said he was.

Do us all a favor and let these web sites die, these people are more moronic then... anyone else on the internet and that includes me and a few of my fans.

As a member of a mainline Christian denomination I can assure you that the segment of Christianity that is represented by hate-mongers like Jack Chick is NOT part of the mainline.

Allen

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads