• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

roleplaying people are satanists ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I can say one thing: I'm just glad the current Tome of Magic (and its pact magic system) came out this year instead of back in the 1980's. Talk about your propaganda ammunition! :D

Aus_Snow

First Post
Henry said:
I can say one thing: I'm just glad the current Tome of Magic (and its pact magic system) came out this year instead of back in the 1980's. Talk about your propaganda ammunition! :D
Yep, and the Fiendish Codices. . . and the BoVD of course. Not the same year, I know, but the same thing applies.

JustaPlayer

First Post
Henry said:
Nope, it's vintage. Not a thing changed panel to panel. Makes me laugh to realize that Minis were that prevalent in 1984 as to show up in an anti-tract, as well. :)

Maybe I missed something, but at least once before when I read the site he talked of 3.0. I didn't read it this time but I do know he mentioned 3.0

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Mark Hope said:
Every time I read that Chick tract, I come away thinking the same thing: I wish I had a DM who was as hot as Ms. Frost. That pouting scowl, that lustrous hair, those sleek clothes, that tough, no-nonsense way of speaking, that "no first name" air of mystery. Man, Ms. Frost is just the hottest.

:p

I'm really glad I'm not alone in my love for Ms. Frost...

The first time I saw the Chick tract was in 1985...we were gaming in my friend's dorm room when one came scooting in from under the door.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Imagicka said:
I wouldn’t go as far to say that anyone who believes in these tracts are ‘sick’. Mostly ignorant.

They surely are sickening with their ignorance and hatred. The sick part is that, as far as I know, love and tolerance are things Christianity stands for. Hatemongering fanatics like Chick disgust me.

Henry

Autoexreginated
JustaPlayer said:
Maybe I missed something, but at least once before when I read the site he talked of 3.0. I didn't read it this time but I do know he mentioned 3.0

The site may have been updated, but the comic is not - that's what I thought the person I was referring to said, that the comic may have been updated because of mention of the miniatures. I was pointing out that minis have been as common as back in the days when members only jackets were cool. :)

Allandaros

Explorer
Sir Brennen said:
Nope, Mr. Chick really doesn't like Catholics. I'm waiting for the Catholic School Girls Who Play D&D and Watch Television! track.

I'm still holding out for my very own personalized "Muslim Who Plays D&D, Listens to Heavy Metal, and Believes In Evolution" pamphlet.

I'm hoping he'll be gracious enough to sign it for me. :p

DestroyYouAlot

First Post
Allandaros said:
I'm still holding out for my very own personalized "Muslim Who Plays D&D, Listens to Heavy Metal, and Believes In Evolution" pamphlet.

I'm hoping he'll be gracious enough to sign it for me. :p

They need a "Choose your own Adventure" tract for you.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Aaah, I see! Filthy Lucre has got another dopes money by promising him Eternal Lead Guitar in the Heavy Metal Band of the Beast. :p

A little known fact: Satan's original name for his Heavy Metal Band of the Beast was actually Death Flower and the Murder Kittens. Unfortunately Rasputin had taken the name back in 1887, and Satan reluncantly changed the name for fear of copyright infringement.

Remove ads