• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

roleplaying people are satanists ;)

Soel

First Post
Firebeetle said:
Actually, you can't buy these anymore, I wrote and checked. I thought that the books would make a good novelty item for sale to gamers. Right now, if you want them you'll need to order 10,000.

There are a couple of books (The World of Chick? and The Unofficial Guide to the Art of Jack T. Chick: Chick Tracts, Crusader Comics, And Battle Cry Newspapers) available on Amazon. Neither collects his tracts (although I think there used to a book that did so,) but both apparently display more of his "wisdom" in the humorous light it should be displayed in. The second book even has a price guide (!)

Amazon also lists a couple of books authored by him as well called The Big Betrayal, and The History of the World. Comedy gold, I'm sure!

I used to scour the new age sections of my local Books a Million, shaking the books open in hopes of some great Chick-ness. My favorite one was about a couple on a plane as it was going down that failed to become christians. The last panel, featuring the two of them being violently pushed off of a cloud in heaven into the pit of hell below had me laughing on the floor!

Thurbane

First Post
Ah, here is the link I was looking for - http://www.koolpages.com/superjesus/Sjep12A.htm

"Dragons & Dungeons" :p

Its not just a game kids. Dragons and Dungeons leads to the worship of Satan. Its a fact that Dragons and Dungeons players sacrifice their children and sometimes even their pet cats, all as part of the game. All the spells in D&D are real. And its a fact that Orc attacks in the USA have been on the rise in the last 20yrs. One girl after playing her first game of D&D started to speak French, is that not all the proof we need that its evil???

Ghendar

First Post
Vortakh said:
Greetings

We all are doomed. Read this:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

Sick people writing about things they don't understand. :uhoh:

Moderators: If this thread somehow violates the forum rules, I am sorry. It's not meant to propagate that site but to show the folks here what some fanatics are thinking about our hobby.

Oh please.............

Everyone knows you can't participate in your first occult ritual until you've been playing for at least 10 years. Shows how much Chick knows. Harrrrrrrrumph! ;)

Zander

Explorer
GoodKingJayIII said:
A little known fact: Satan's original name for his Heavy Metal Band of the Beast was actually Death Flower and the Murder Kittens. Unfortunately Rasputin had taken the name back in 1887, and Satan reluncantly changed the name for fear of copyright infringement.
Unlikely. Satan doesn't fear infringing others' copyright. After all, he's a lawyer. :)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Imagicka said:
No. I’m sorry. I don’t agree. They don’t mean well… These tracts full are full of ignorant bigotry and hatred.

That's probably the sad true. It's some sick impulse to ruin other people's fun, to call those bad who are not like themselves. They misuse whatever gives them power to give them leverage. Religion, tradition.

I’m surprised that no one has bothered to raise concerns about Chick’s anti-Islamic rhetoric.

That would be religious discussion, which isn't allowed here.

But seriously, it’s good to be made aware of these sorts of things. You never know when your going to be ambushed by one who has been indoctrinated to whatever type of dogma thinks that RPGs are victims of Satan’s recruiting campaign, organized by Hasbro.

What are they gonna do? Read the bible at me? I doubt I could even hear them over the heavy metal music blaring out of my speakers. ;)

Bardsandsages

First Post
Thurbane said:
Ah, here is the link I was looking for - http://www.koolpages.com/superjesus/Sjep12A.htm

"Dragons & Dungeons" :p
One girl after playing her first game of D&D started to speak French, is that not all the proof we need that its evil???

I thought all satanic tomes were written in latin? How is she suppose to participate in the rituals if she's speaking French instead of latin!?

Great, now I have to go talk to the imps again and find out how they are getting their speaking in tongues crossed.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Bardsandsages said:
I thought all satanic tomes were written in latin? How is she suppose to participate in the rituals if she's speaking French instead of latin!?

Great, now I have to go talk to the imps again and find out how they are getting their speaking in tongues crossed.

One word - "milieu". That's probably the French they're thinking of. ;) If Gary did nothing else, he expanded my vocabulary almost exponentially.

Storyteller01

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Waht are they gonna do? Read the bible at me? I doubt I could even hear them over the heavy metal music blaring out of my speakers. ;)

Probably best not to take it so lightly. People can be persistent, even if what they do isn't much more than annoying.

A local strip joint out here became a target of a harassment campaign several years ago. Folks who went had their license plate numbers put in the paper. They also rented a bus stop bench (the kind that you can post ads on the backs of) and put 'GOD IS WATCHING' in their rented space.

VictorC

Explorer
Storyteller01 said:
Probably best not to take it so lightly. People can be persistent, even if what they do isn't much more than annoying.

A local strip joint out here became a target of a harassment campaign several years ago. Folks who went had their license plate numbers put in the paper. They also rented a bus stop bench (the kind that you can post ads on the backs of) and put 'GOD IS WATCHING' in their rented space.

Those people shoud rember there's somethin in the Bible about judging people. And in the case of D&D they shoud probably know what there judging about before they start.

Remove ads