Room for more in SWSE game

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hi, just a reminder that I could use more players in the Strike Hard for the Adamant game. Clone Wars era, the group are commandos for the Republic: special black ops work, special missions no one else can do, that sort of thing.

The PCs are sneaking about the ruined city below, on a Separatist-held planet, while in space there's a huge space battle. The group is about to charge into action: fight their way into a secure droid facility, where a shield is covering the city. If the team can't get the shield down, the Republic forces can't save the city.

I'll be honest: I haven't put as much work into this as I have for my two other games, I just wanted to learn the rules of SWSE and see how it goes. Acouple combat encounters, then end it.

However, the players there asked me to keep going when I tried to quit, so I've decided "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead": if I have to do this, I want to do a great job. I'd like more players, to get a good group mesh.

If the group works well, I'd like to do an overview series: jump a couple levels every scenario, and cover lots of time. The PCs may get to go through Order 66, that sort of thing, and see where they end up afterward.

about me: My personal SW taste is that Empire Strikes Back is the best film. I don't mind the latter two of the prequels (though I would have done things differently, especially in the love story), though obviously episode 1 and parts of 2 never happened (or if they did, happened differently in my mind). However, I really like the Clone Wars show, given what they had to work with in terms of the prequels. I'm not a huge fan of Expanded Universe stuff, though I don't mind it, and have read a few of the books; I do wish Zahn hadn't killed off (spoiler: someone, you know who I mean) so stupidly, as he would be a great set piece/recurring character. Oh well.

Songdragon

Explorer
Heya Fireinthedust... ((tried to PM you, but it says your box is full)) I believe a fellow player, Perrinmiller, has talked to you about me and the possibility of joining your game.

I have an interest in playing. A few questions...

Are you looking for any role in particular that needs filling? Looking at the game, I see a solider, jedi, and droid scoundrel (heavy on being the face of the group).

For character creation, what are you using for stats? I see that characters are level 5? Starting funds/equipment? And anything else you deem important?

Thanks and hope to here from you soon. :)

Respectfully,
Songdragon

toasterferret

Explorer
Hey, just here to echo what Songdragon said, I'm interested in playing and am just looking for the particulars on character creation, if you still have room that is. Hope to hear from you soon!

Songdragon

Explorer
In an older recruitment thread for this game I found... http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/297978-swse-strike-hard-adamant-re-recruiting.html

Character Creation: I got the group to use just the Core book. After this scenario, I'll allow for sourcebooks, and maybe even re-dos to sub in certain talents or feats; the group will be level-hopping, so now we're 5th but next time we'll be 7th or 8th, and years down the road.

Oooookay, so the ooc thread is gone and along with it the point-buy for characters. I use two options: either 25 pb, or else set stats (16, 15, 14, 13 ,12, 10) before racial mods. We'll need to use the stats the same as the other players.

Right now my character is looking to be Glipala, a Gungan Gunslinger Scout 1/Scoundrel 2/Soldier 2. I am just adjusting some talents, feats, and skills. I will post the character later today after some sleep.

And here is my proposed character... Glipala

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
ahhh!!!

I signed on as a community supporter, and can now get loads of PMs.

Yes! Hello!

I've been busy this week, and need to post to that game. And another one.

Okay, make up your characters, both of you. I'll get to you asap!

And hi!

fireinthedust

Explorer
SongDragon: your Gungan looks fantastic. I especially love the pink font!

I should get back tot he group. We've hit another slump in posting, so I guess I'll move things along?

If the game folds, or falls down to just two players, I'll see about moving things along. Then we'll just bump the story ahead a bit, maybe.

toasterferret

Explorer
Ok, my character is almost finished, he is going to be a Clone Trooper scout. However, I cannot for the life of me find anywhere how much money I should have to spend on equipment...

Remove ads