• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RotK teaser posters

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I see that Sam and Frodo will retain their title as the summer movies' best romantic leads. :D

Yeah, yeah, sam gets married at the end of the books. I don't care. They are just so cute together... ;)

Kahuna burger

KenM

Banned
Banned
Welverin said:
Which makes somewhat baffling that PJ decided to move Shelob from tTT to RotK.

Well RoTK is the shortest book story wise. It has all the appendices in the back. Plus the Frodo and sam arc in tTT goes further along time wise then the others. Also if PJ did not put Shelob into RoTK, Gollum would have nothing to do until He shows up near the end.
I do agree with why PJ moved Shelob. But I think it would have mad a great cliffhanger if they did it at the end of tTT, Sam thinks Frodo is dead and takes up the ring.

Welverin

First Post
Yeah, I understand all of that, but if there was such a shortage of material for RotK that he felt the need to move that part why is (potentially) so much longer then the other two?

And why am I still awake? Oh wait that's totally unrelated.

mojo1701

First Post
I just hope that PJ kept the ending of RotK where the 4 hobbits retuen back to Hobbiton, and find everything changed. I liked that part.

KnowTheToe

First Post
mojo1701 said:
I just hope that PJ kept the ending of RotK where the 4 hobbits retuen back to Hobbiton, and find everything changed. I liked that part.

I am not sure, but I thought I read that he was not going into that. I read it over a year ago and who knows what is rumor vs fact.

emergent

First Post
Welverin said:
Yeah, I understand all of that, but if there was such a shortage of material for RotK that he felt the need to move that part why is (potentially) so much longer then the other two?

I thought he moved it for pacing and to give Frodo and Sam more to do in the 3rd film. If Shelob is not in the third film, then it's just Sam rescuing Frodo and lots of dust, ash, and a nasty walk through Mordor until the climax. This is opposed to (for the other characters) the Paths of the Dead, the Battle of the Pelenor Fields, the Pyre of Denethor, and all sorts of other things that may or may not be in the film at all. I am not sure if they are going to show Aragon using the Palantir, the battle before the gates, or all sorts of other stuff from the end of the Two Towers and Return of the King.

But the posters look cool!

KenM

Banned
Banned
mojo1701 said:

I'm not saying its not going to be in, but I heard that the last scene of RoTK takes place in the Grey Havens. I know the scorging of the Shire is not in. But it woulf be cool if they show the hobbit's back at the shire and everything different.

Remove ads