• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Raylis

First Post
The pain and shock of being shot is a new experience for the young hero and he stnads as Jack leaps and lands next to Zenji and seeing no one matching the description of the Supervillian uses his power on the nearest thug who freezes in place.

The Amazing Mr. Jones is quickly shown to the back of the nearest police car while Dr. Archeville is gien both a two way radio and a bullhorn.

Zenji is stunned for one round and has a bruise and an injury. Anyone who hasn't rolled an initative check may do so.

Any power or effect that requires an attack roll can score a critical hit. The DC would increase by 5.

Jalinth

First Post
[sblock=OOC]What all does Jack see?

Re reading OOC blocks - If it is in my post then it is meant for everyone to read. I'll PM my secret plots to *ahem* TAKE OVER THE WORLD MuHAHAHAHA!!!!! to the GM ;) [/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville uses his communicator to send a message out to all his teammates, "Barrett, get Zenji out of there! Jester, fall back and give cover their escape! If you can pull hostages out as you come, do so. Jones, status report?"

He then set to work on 'MacGyver'-ing something he hopes will swing things in the Resolutes' favor, while staying crouched behind some bit of cover.

[sblock=OOC]Archeville plans to take components from the two two-way radios and use them to generate some funky infrasonic pulses, and hook it up to the bullhorn. The infrasonic pulses will stimulate the fear and/or pleasure centers of the brain, making his future attemps at negotiation/intimidation/distraction more effective, and -- hopefully -- distracting the gunmen & the Supervillain long enough to let his teammates move in for the KO.

Exact game terms will have to wait, since I need to see if something from the Mastermind's Manual is okay to use.[/sblock]

Last edited:

rgordona

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I am happy for my previous post to stand. Re: making use of a police car.

How do I do private messages? When I try I get told my account is not allowed to send private messages. :<
[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
[sblock=Jack, Zenji]
jack can see the interior of the lobby, it's a room 40 ft across by approximalty 50 long. Along the back wall are two obvious offices and a door that leads into a windowless room. On the left wall there is a staircase leading up. Two gunmen stand just inside the doors, one now paralyzed by Jack's powers the other still pointing a pistol at Zenji.

In front of the left mostoffice is a gunmen with a machine gun and through the windows he can see a second gunman. In the opposite corner there are two machine gun armed gunmen guarding a group of eleven people.
"Get the #$%& outta here or we shoot hostiges!" one of the gunmen with the group yells before a flash of bright light bursts in front of the nearest gunman.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Archeville]
Essentially Jury-Rigging a device to emulate Emotion Control: Fear or Calm?
[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Raylis said:
[sblock=Archeville]
Essentially Jury-Rigging a device to emulate Emotion Control: Fear or Calm?
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Not quite. First thought was to do Enhanced Skills 4 (Intimidate +16 [+15 due to PL limits), Enhanced Feats 2 (Fascinate [Intimidate], Set-Up or Set-Up, Startle), scare them into submission/startle them to give his teammates a better chance... but I realized that could very easily backfire, make them panic and start shooting hostages.
So, I then thought to go with Enhanced Skills 4 (Diplomacy +16 [+15 due to PL limits]) and Enhanced Feats 2 (Challenge [Combat Diplomacy], Fascinate [diplomacy]), in order to talk the gunmen & super-crook into calming down and telling us what they want, negotiate, occupy their time while Archeville's teammates find some way to sneak in and ambush them while he's got them distracted. If Arcehville can get some time, maybe throw some Enhanced Charisma in there (posibly with a Flaw to limit it to applying only to a specific skill check?), to boost the Diplomacy check roll.
Then I realized that there's been no mention of whether or not Skill Challenges -- pesented in the Mastermind's Manual -- are being used here, so I made up this thread to ask whether they would be allowed or not.[/sblock]

Jalinth

First Post
Jack is getting ready to pull back when the Flashbang goes off. IDIOT! he thinks That'll CONVINCE them we’re attacking! “I’M GOING IN! HIT THEM HARD AND FAST PEOPLE!” he calls over the communicator as, heedless of the danger, Jack charges INTO the room and focuses his power like he never has before. He had to disable them before they could shoot anyone. As soon as he gets back to base, Jack plans to have words with the idiot that sent untrained fools like himself into a situation like this.

[sblock=OOC] Move action to fly across to the offices, making sure that I still have line of effect to the gunman by the hostages. Using Extra Effort to gain an AP for my Bio Power. Specifically Paralyze, replacing the Range Extra with Area: Burst extra. At 10 ranks that will effect everyone within 50 feet of me.

I’ll probably spend an HP next round to negate the Fatigue, but I don’t have to decided until then.

As for the reason that he’s doing what he’s doing - Jack figures the flashbang going off will surely convince the crooks that the cops are attacking, so he is trying disable as many of the hostiles as possible. The plan has made first contact with the enemy, and now it's time to dance.

GM, feel free to roll saving throws for me. Just use Jack Barrett(Living Supers) as the name at the Invisible Castle. Should save a fair amount of turn around time. [/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
As the Juggler's grenade goes off and Jack's voice screams over the communicator Mr Jones is left shocked. The team had only been here for a couple of minutes and already the situation had gone to crock. The police would never ask for help from the Resolutes again at this rate. Impetuous fools; no subtlety what so ever and subtlety was clearly what this situation demanded.

Mr Jones could see nothing from the back of the cruiser, but he could sense that there were many minds inside the bank. He needed information in order to act; hell he needed information just to understand his team mates actions; what were they thinking?

[sblock=actions]
Move: ESP into the bank lobby. Sight and mental senses only.
Standard: Probably depends on how well Jack’s mass paralyse works, but I am currently thinking mind control one of the goons guarding hostages into shooting the other :>

I make the initiative order:
Juggler
Jack
Jones
Zenji
Archville

So I am assuming, Flashbang goes off, mass paralysis attempt, then Jones ESPs into the lobby.[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
You're mostly right with the initative order. ;)

Jack's power surges through the room and everyone, hostages, gunmen stand still. Mr. Jones can see this transpire inside the building, no one is moving but their thoughts are still active. Jack can now clearly see the location of the vault, connected to the tellar stand nearest to the front doors.

A moment later a man dressed from head to toe in Crimson (see attached picture) and a ski maked thug with a machine gun step out from the vault. Without a word the Crimson man holds up a hand and lets loose a deep, short shout at Jack who sees a visible ripple in the air as something impacts him and makes his ears ring. But no damage taken.

[sblock=Archeville]
I'm not familliar with the skill challenges and in lieu of waiting for the reply want to make the device without? Keep in mind you can use an action point to use your invention feat to spedily make said invention (MM pg. 131)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Crimson Crier Photo.doc
    37 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads