• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler seems somewhat amused by Dr. Archeville's question. "People rob banks, dear chuck, because to quote the great William Sutton, 'that's where the money is'." He strokes his chin, idly. "Red costume... sonic powers... who does that remind me of?"

[sblock=OOC to GM]Well-Informed, Gather Information +13, taking 10= 23[/sblock]

Asmor

First Post
Obviously not paying any attention to Dr. Archeville, Zenji absent-mindedly says, "Right, engage hostages, gotcha..." as he rushes off ahead of everyone. He briefly stops to turn around and shout "Come on! I've got your back Jones!" before excitedly scurrying up and leaving his teammates behind.

Jalinth

First Post
“Right boss, nap time it is then.” he says to the major in response to her stated preference of non-lethal force.

Seeing Zenji going on ahead, Jack shrugs and follows after. “Sure in a hurry isn’t he?” Jack says to the rest of the team. “I’ve got my comlink. Call me if ya got anything for me. I’ll try to make sure the party doesn’t get started til ya give the word.”

While he walks he keeps his eyes open, looking out for anything that could be trouble.

[sblock=OOC to all]I’m assuming that the GM is going to be doing the Notice and Sense Motive checks. Jack’s score in both is +15. His Streetwise skill is +12, which could apply to making sense of what he spots. In this case, I will take 10 on the checks.

Archeville, Master plan lasts for 3 rounds before the bonus starts to drop. So it will be a +3, +3, +3, +2, +1. Hopefully enough to make a difference. Jack’s not a particularly rebellious person, so he’ll do his best to follow the suggestions of people who seem to know what they are talking about. Course if it turns out someone is full of hot air, he will be perfectly willing to start ignoring them. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
"Guten tag, sir. Herr Doktor Viktor Archeville of the Resolutes, here to help." Archeville extends his hand to the officer, "We've been given precious little intel -- what's the situation?"

"Josh Perry, nice to meet you Doctor. I'd like to say it was a typical bank robbery, a bunch of idiots with guns and hostages. From what we could gather there's a super in there with a bunch of thugs. They've taken everyone in the bank hostage and have threatened to start shooting if we approach.

[sblock=Mr. Jones]
I see no problems with allowing you to leave sonic sense behind.
From what you can detect there is a good sized crowd around the bank. From within the bank with detect thoughts you determine that there are about 30 distinct thoughts with the majority in the corners of what would presumably be the lobby.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jester]
The costume and power descriptors don't ring any bells. More than likely a newcommer to the world of super criminal escapades.
[/sblock]

Jalinth

First Post
Jack spends the short time that he's at the police line waiting for the good doctor scoping out the crowd and the area. Once he hears the situation he says.

"Of course. Isn't that how it always works out? Hmm... You got a map of the place? I think I might have an idea..." Jack says to the officer.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
Filled with more youthful exuberance than experience or common sense, Zenji is already rushing into the bank to confront the bank robbers.

rgordona

Explorer
Asmor said:
Filled with more youthful exuberance than experience or common sense, Zenji is already rushing into the bank to confront the bank robbers.

"Get back here you crazy fool!" Shouts Mr Jones as his eyes unglaze and he spots Zenji rushing towards the bank. "There are about 30 hostages inside."

[sblock=OOC GM]Thanks. Is the crowd being held well back by a police cordon? Roughly how far from the bank we now?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
OOC: The police have the area taped and railed off, and most of the observers are keeping out of their way.

The bank is a two story building 60 feet wide that sits on a large stone foundation. Twelve steps with metal railing on either side lead up to glass double doors, the staircase itself is about 10 feet wide. On the second floor there are four windows spaced evenly apart.

The police baracade beings in the street aproximatley 20 feet away from the base of the stairs, the Lt. Perry, the Major and the Resolutes are approximatley five feet away from the begining/end of the barrier. Two SWAT vans and four patrol cars and an ambulence are gathered on the street; the officers keeping the public away from the police zone and SWAT officers at the forefront.

The officers make no effort to prevent Zenji from crossing the line and heading to the bank.

"No map. There is a fire escape on the east side of the building and an employee entrance on the back. They've threatened to shoot hostages every time we tried to approach from the front but I don't know if the fire escape or the back entrance is being watched. I'd guess it was, these guys are smart enough to stay out of sight; our marksman can't get a bead." Lt. Perry says to Jack.

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler strokes his chin. " 'Twould be easy for me to sneak inside and create an opportunity for the rest of our bold team..."

Last edited:

rgordona

Explorer
"I might be able to take a subtle look in side aswell. That is if the our friend Zenji does not force our hands." Mr Jones says. "There are about thirty people in the bank. I guess most of them are hostages. The criminals have them spread out in different corners of the building."

Remove ads