• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Raylis

First Post
Victor_Von said:
"Science Doctor seems to have control of... what the carp?" Gus says, redoubling his hold on The Boy as he sees Doc Archeville blown off of Mechagojira's back. Turning to Scout, Gus asks "You can see Boy? If we keep here, Boy will escape in heat of combat. Please, take somewhere safe, maybe Tokyo Heroes. In meantime," Gus says with a nod to the monsters in the harbor, "mayhaps I can frighten lizard?"

(OOC: I don't remember the exact rules on TP with an unwilling passenger, but I remember concluding that Gus would almost certainly lose the kid. Would Scout have a better shot?

OOC: they get a will save DC=10+power rank

Victor_Von

First Post
"Bah! Never mind! Sorceress, go help Doctor. I shall sit on baby."

(OOC: Considering the trouble Scout had TPing The Kid earlier, this was probably a silly idea to begin with. She'd be much better at this than Gus, but maybe not enough that The Kid wouldn't escape.)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sorceress? Where? I'll take care of her. Oh, you mean me. Nope. But I have to admit, lifting Godzilla just seems like a fun accomplishment for any girl..."

*Sierra will use her Psychokinesis to lift Godzilla up and away from Tokyo to keep the buildings and people safe.*

(OOC: It may be slower by far than just having Scout Teleport the big lizard, but at least there's no saving throw on Psychokinesis. She can keep sending him up and away until he's out of sight, in which case she'll have to follow far behind by flying)

D.Shaffer

First Post
Marie sighs. "What's that guys name anyways? The one who rode off on Mechagodzilla?"

She keys her radio. "hey! You! Science German guy! How you doing?"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"I..." Archeville responds as he stares down the freed Mekagojira's cannon barrels, "am considerably less well than I was previously!"

Archeville chooses 'flight' over 'fight' and zips straight up... possibly coming comically eye-level with the psychokinetically-lifted Gojira.

Raylis

First Post
OOC: Circe will have to move closer to be able to target Gojira, both he and his mechanical counterpart are a considerable distance away and wouldn't be in sight of the Ichitawa building. Also, what's the weight limit to her telekinesis?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, right, now that I look at it, Psychokinesis is only on 11 ranks of her 24 ranks of Tele, so if she can't get a lock on it with an attack roll, she can only lift 48 tons. Granted that's twice a humpback whale. A quick Google search finds a site that says Godzilla weighs between 20 and 60 tons. If she does hit with an attack roll (nearly impossible with a +0), she can carry the Empire State Building at 400,000 tons--though that was only really meant for large objects that are easy to target

Anyways, she'll pop into sight, and she'll check to see if this Godzilla comes from a source that is 48 tons or less. If not, she'll try something else)

D.Shaffer

First Post
On the radio. "Right...Coming your way Doc. "

To the others. "I'm going to see if I can provide him with any help. It's not like I'm doing all that much good here" With a loud roar of engine noise she takes off down the street, following the trail of destruction the monsters left. "On the plus side, they wont be hard to find" She starts whistling the Tank March theme from Godzilla.

Stormwind

First Post
OOC: Actually I think Gus's idea could work, especially if he can accompany Scout to ensure that the boy doesn't escape.

Scout responds to Gus, "I could 'port the kid to somewhere more secure, but perhaps we should ask the Tokyo group first? If you keep an eye on the kid..."

Scout then taps on the communicator that she got from the foxy lady and speaks into it, <<Scout here>> "We have located, and detained the individual responsible for the monsters that have plagued Tokyo. Is there a secure place to which we can bring him? Perhaps your headquarters?"

Victor_Von

First Post
Stormwind said:
OOC: Actually I think Gus's idea could work, especially if he can accompany Scout to ensure that the boy doesn't escape.

Scout responds to Gus, "I could 'port the kid to somewhere more secure, but perhaps we should ask the Tokyo group first? If you keep an eye on the kid..."

Scout then taps on the communicator that she got from the foxy lady and speaks into it, <<Scout here>> "We have located, and detained the individual responsible for the monsters that have plagued Tokyo. Is there a secure place to which we can bring him? Perhaps your headquarters?"

OOC: Gus'll follow your lead. Let me know if I need to roll anything, Ray.

Remove ads