• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

D.Shaffer

First Post
Marie looks a bit startled at the doctor's responce. "Science? Uh, well, you could try I guess. I'm not sure how well it would work, though. Sure you couldnt do something with this instead? It takes a while for me to change configurations." She offers her giant 'hand cannon' to the doctor.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Er... I'm not sure I'm physically capable of vielding zhat..." Archeville says as he eyes the oversized hand-cannon.

[sblock=OOC to Shaffer & Raylis]How "magical" do Mecha Musume's things look? Would it be obvious to Archeville (with his +20 on Knowledge/Tech) that things aren't 100% tech-y? Aretheir obvious mystical runes/kanji on her? Or do they look like ordinary ultra-tech gear, until you look under the hood and see that they're fueled by mystical energy? How soon will it be when Archeville figures out his plan to Boost Mecha's Technological-Based Blast won't work because it's really a Magical Blast?[/sblock]

D.Shaffer

First Post
[sblock=OOC to Shaffer & Raylis]How "magical" do Mecha Musume's things look? Would it be obvious to Archeville (with his +20 on Knowledge/Tech) that things aren't 100% tech-y? Aretheir obvious mystical runes/kanji on her? Or do they look like ordinary ultra-tech gear, until you look under the hood and see that they're fueled by mystical energy? How soon will it be when Archeville figures out his plan to Boost Mecha's Technological-Based Blast won't work because it's really a Magical Blast?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Well, the final result is up to Raylis, obviously...but the way I look at it, it doesnt immediately look magical if you're seeing the end result: It's firing 'real' shells, all the mechanical parts are there, and it feels solid enough. It's when you figure out there's nothing really POWERING it (except for magic), notice there's no real ammo feed and the shells are appearing out of nowhere, and that the entire kit and kaboodle dissapear and reappear from thin air combined with a ritual chant that you'd start to notice it's not 'real' in a technological sense. It's all a mystical construct, like if Green lantern made a working gun with all the parts, but without the immediately obvious glowing green stuff.[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
OOC: Ack! My apologies, I saw the question, thought about it and promptly forgot it. It's been really busy at work (that and I received a "promotion" i.e. more responsibility)

At first inspection Archeville sees several areas where he can boost the weapon's firing power. However, as he brings out his screwdriver nothing opens the way it should. He directs Marie to open the chamber and his eyes widen. There are no mechanical parts. Just a long tube that is about the size to hold the shells the magic girl has been firing. From what he can tell this weapon shouldn't even work.

Meanwhile

Scout, Kyo and Gus appear in the Japanese headquarters, the boy had almost escaped the teleport but Gus's grip and Scout's expert use of her power kept him with them.
<<Who is this? A child?>> Kitsune's voice sounds in Gus and Scout's minds.

Meanwhile

On the street the two Gojira being their battle in earnest, Godzilla easilly resistinig Sierra's attempt at transforming him into something smaller and cudiler.

Anyone watching the street would had seen a dozen ninja strike at the air, only to hit each other and disappear.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra sighs and decides to try one more thing before she leaves.*

"Hmm, Godzilla was the good guy in some of the movies. Maybe he can be reasoned with? Or at least he may be weak-willed..."

*Sierra will call out to Godzilla in the language of Godzilla with her honeyed tongue.*

"Oh mightiest of kaiju. We all bow before your awesome power. I wish to aid you in your fight against this evil metal foe, great king of the monsters."

(OOC: This is also Emotion Control DC 20 Will save)

Stormwind

First Post
<<A child, ... perhaps. Nethertheless this child is responsible for bringing into being the creatures that have plagued Tokyo today, ... and most likely responsible for those creatures that you have encountered before. It seems that he was being manipulated by Ichitawa, however it appears that Ichitawa died underfoot of the creatures that the boy summoned today, creatures that even now plague downtown Tokyo.>>

"If you can suppress his powers, I would recommend doing so as he does not seem prepared to listen to reason."

Scout remains alert and cautious, even though they are within the headquarters. She is not willing to let her guard down for the apparent safety of their location. She knows all to well that it is but a small step from one location to another.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Congratulations/Condolences on your promotion, Raylis ;)

"Vas ist? Zhis... zhis... and zhat... but..." Archeville stutters and sputters at the cannon, then turns to face Mecha. "How are you making zhis zhing vork?!"

Victor_Von

First Post
Stormwind said:
<<A child, ... perhaps. Nethertheless this child is responsible for bringing into being the creatures that have plagued Tokyo today, ... and most likely responsible for those creatures that you have encountered before. It seems that he was being manipulated by Ichitawa, however it appears that Ichitawa died underfoot of the creatures that the boy summoned today, creatures that even now plague downtown Tokyo.>>

"If you can suppress his powers, I would recommend doing so as he does not seem prepared to listen to reason."

Scout remains alert and cautious, even though they are within the headquarters. She is not willing to let her guard down for the apparent safety of their location. She knows all to well that it is but a small step from one location to another.

Gus lets himself be seen, and holds on tight to The Boy, not letting either of their feet touch the ground.

<<Boy is Summoner... is Dream Stealer. Is making imaginary persons walk in waking world. I recommend putting to sleep until power can be negated. I do not beat children, but Boy's mind is too dangerous to leave waking.>>

Last edited:

Remove ads