RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Wow--looking back, I realise I didn't mention what distance Sierra was at; I could swear I said she was at the edge of range 'Perception', but apparently I forgot :eek: Oops! I was shocked when Gojira tried to step on her at first because in my head, she was at a distance. Anyway, with an additional failure and a very untalkative Gojira, Sierra grows bored and Teleports back to where the rest of the group was before. Except they aren't there any more :lol: On the following round, she will use Limited Omniscience to check in the Japanese base that she's visited before.)

Last edited:

Victor_Von

First Post
Raylis said:
<<You should know my name, nightmare.>> the boy looks up as Scout and Kitsune slip the cuffs on him, <<But I'm not afraid of you anymore>>

The realization hits Gus like a hammer. Was he... one of mine? Somehow Boy's madness-- Boy's stolen dreams-- might be my fault?

[sblock=OOC]Given this new context, does Gus recognize our killer Otaku? Or does it seem more likely to him that The Boy has him confused with another Nightmare?[/sblock]

Stormwind

First Post
With the boy contained, ... hopefully ..., Scout keys her communicator and somewhat belatedly replies to Archiville,
Hand of Vecna said:
Tapping on his communicator, he radios... anyone. "Archeville to Resolutes, come in. Vhere is everyone, vhat is your status? Und vhere is zhe boy?"
"Scout here, boy is secured at Tokio Super headquarters. What is the status on the two creatures? Have you dealt with them or do you require additional assistance?"

Raylis

First Post
Victor_Von said:
The realization hits Gus like a hammer. Was he... one of mine? Somehow Boy's madness-- Boy's stolen dreams-- might be my fault?

[sblock=OOC]Given this new context, does Gus recognize our killer Otaku? Or does it seem more likely to him that The Boy has him confused with another Nightmare?[/sblock]

OOC: Rystil I couldn't find how far away Sierra was either, but figured she'd need to be fairly close for Godzilla to hear you

Upon looking at the boy there is some familiarity, but there are many boys in Japan that would match his appearance...

With her ominesicence Sierra can see the boy being held by some kind of monster, with a woman in a resolute uniform and Kitsune gathered around him.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra will flit back into the base with the rest of the group, still in her random Japanese girl look. She'll inspect the boy a bit.*

"I can tell something's wrong with you. Something awful. What happened?" she asks him.

(OOC: Using both regular Diplomacy and the power of her words for Emotion Control in tandem)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Stormwind said:
With the boy contained, ... hopefully ..., Scout keys her communicator and somewhat belatedly replies to Archiville,
"Scout here, boy is secured at Tokio Super headquarters. What is the status on the two creatures? Have you dealt with them or do you require additional assistance?"
"Zhey are still rampaging; any and all assistance vould me much appreciated. Ve are at zhe following coordinates....." Archeville responds, and reports his & Mecha Musume's position based on nearby street signs and other landmarks. "Haff power-negating restraints been put onto zhe boy? If zhey are I vould anticipate zhese creatures to disappear."

[sblock=Shoulder Daemons]Wait, do they even have power-negating restraints?
What? What a stupid question! Of course they do! At least, they should. The Resolutes have those nullifying manacles...
Yes, but we're the Resolutes, and I know we didn't bring any such manacles. Pretty sure Sierra didn't, either, or Titan (wherever he is).
Fine, if we can't nullify his powers, we kill him.
What? NO! We are not killing a child, even one like him! There's got to be some way to end this, without resorting to violence against a child.
And that would be....?
I'm working on that. We've got more immediate concerns, though, ned to figure how to stall these creatures.
You're going at this all wrong, attack the head and the bodies will fall.[/sblock]

"You...," he says to Mecha, pausing a moment, "... keep firing at Gojira. Perhaps sustained fire can slow him down. I'll keep working on zhe robotic one." Before she can respond, he's already zipping off towards MekaGojira, electromagnetic screwdriver at the ready. The thing seemed real enough to be affected by my gadget, maybe I can cause an overload in its jets and make it blow its legs off!

OOC: Flying towards MechaGodzilla, configuring Gadgets into Power Control 10 (Flaws: Range/Touch) as he goes. Next round, Kaiju Rodeo II: Electric Boogaloo!

Victor_Von

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Sierra will flit back into the base with the rest of the group, still in her random Japanese girl look. She'll inspect the boy a bit.*

"I can tell something's wrong with you. Something awful. What happened?" she asks him.

(OOC: Using both regular Diplomacy and the power of her words for Emotion Control in tandem)

<<Something awful... yes. I... I think apologies are not enough. Made you too afraid, and now you fear nothing at all. Brave child, I did not know. I am forever sorry.>>

OOC: Continuing his previous Diplomacy attempt. Feel free to roll if a new roll is needed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Victor_Von said:
<<Something awful... yes. I... I think apologies are not enough. Made you too afraid, and now you fear nothing at all. Brave child, I did not know. I am forever sorry.>>

OOC: Continuing his previous Diplomacy attempt. Feel free to roll if a new roll is needed.
(OOC: Cool, let's work together. You have +7 and Sierra has +21. That's perfect. It means if Gus Aids, he succeeds at giving a +2 almost always (unless he rolls a 1 or 2).)

Raylis

First Post
The boy looks up at Sierra with a glare, <<"I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count">> he says in typical ten year old fashion He glances at Gus, <<I grew up. There are no more monsters in the closet. You will not defeat Gojira-no one has ever defeated Gojira and you have no authority here! Release me and go home! >>

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra is not used to being glared at. Usually even the most stubbornly hostile people are at least indifferent to her from her normal eloquence alone. She continues, as before (though I forgot to mention), in the boy's native Japanese*

"In the later movies, though, Gojira is a defender of Tokyo, fighting against the wicked monsters who would threaten the city...Is that what you think my friends are? Wicked monsters? Okay, I'll grant you we have at least one monster. But he seems a pretty compassionate fellow. And besides, there's no need for Gojira to kill people and destroy the city in any case. If you think we are the bad guys, then why are we the ones saving the city and you are the one destroying it?"

"As for my guess...I can only guess that Mr Ichitawa kidnapped and molested you, used you for his own insane purposes. He seems to be one of those stereotypical hypocrites who despises all people with powers and yet uses people with powers to deal with them. Like that General Stryker dude in the second X-Men movie who used his mutant son to control people."

"You must know...no matter what Ichitawa told you, your powers don't make you a freak, or a monster, or an outcast. Only your actions can make you that. Your powers make you better than a normal person. You could use them for good, in which case you might be a hero, loved by many. I can think of many ways that your conjuring power could be used to help people. You could even use them just for fun--imagine what an awesome entertainment setup you could have--you could take some abandoned island and set it up like a popular TV show or game, conjuring in all of the appropriate characters. I'm sure people would pay to get to be a ninja in the leaf village if you set up a Naruto island...But if you choose to be a villain, then that is what you will be. It doesn't take powers to be a villain. Some of the worst can be a menace with no powers at all. Consider Lex Luthor, for instance."

"It is your choice who defines you, defines what you are. Nothing else can do that, and nobody else can do it but you. What will you choose?"

Remove ads