• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rule of Three and THEMES! FINALLY THEMES!!!!

Nullzone

Explorer
Theoretically, it could; the natural 20 can't be preempted but if the penalty imposed by Disruptive Strike causes the total roll to fall below the target defense then it becomes a non-crit and just rolls damage instead.

mudlock

First Post
Theoretically, it could; the natural 20 can't be preempted but if the penalty imposed by Disruptive Strike causes the total roll to fall below the target defense then it becomes a non-crit and just rolls damage instead.

Which I've seen happen... once.

It was a combination of disruptive strike followed by staff wizard's defense (or was it shield?) against an under-level MM1 brute's attack.

But it can happen!

Xris Robin

First Post
I had to look it up to confirm.. wow. I've never had that come up before, didn't even know it was a rule. I knew a crit and an autohit weren't the same thing, but I didn't know you could do that. Learned something new.

Colmarr

First Post
Which I've seen happen... once.

Me too.

Ranger turned a crit against our dwarf tank into a hit. A -7 penalty to attack can have that effect on vs AC powers. It was in the second session the ranger appeared in. Given the size of the penalty and the dwarf's AC, I actually expect it to happen quite frequently.

vaultdweller

First Post
Ok it is after midnight... I was really hopeing the first set would be up...

WotC_GregB said:
Character themes article will be up some time tomorrow (Friday). It won't be live at midnight (EST), but it is on its way!
Link. As of yesterday, it was still on the slate for today.

However, they did change the release order for the Themes articles. This week will be Nature and Lore, instead of Tome and Temple.

Remove ads