• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules/Crunch of Eyros

Sarellion

Explorer
Something to help put down the baddies

Artifact:

Aurilions Scales of Judgement
Appearance: Golden/red merchant like he ones Justitia, the roman goddess of law is carrying around.
The scales radiate a bright light when in use.

Powers: The scales balance the wicked with the just and bestow enough negative levels on the most powerful followers of Taufenacht or his avatar in the world that the good guys have a chance (Insert exact numbers by DM). Only works if the heroes are on the same scale as the five heroes. Only works in the hands of mortals, works at reduced strength if other artifacts of the five heroes are missing.

About CT and Alsixnivis

I think that CT wouldn´t go on a rampage thru the north. His mission is not stomping out all evil and he is afraid of collateral damage and falling himself. I could also imagine that the twelve is an area where CT is at a severe disadvantage. It is one of the major sites of evil in this world, so I assume CT wouldn´t feel so good there.

So Alsixnivis doesn´t go on a rampage because he fears the solar and doesn´t want to leave the site open for attack. CT doesn´t want to go on a rampage because he fears his brother´s fate and Alsixnivis. I mean, we know his stats but the solar doesn´t.

Arkhandus

First Post
The Dragonclaw Duelist, by my judging, has roughly 8 feats worth of special abilities over the course of its 5 levels, but is highly focused in its fighting style and doesn't really help with anything but that fighting style. The Dragonclaw Master has roughly 9-1/2 or so feats worth of power in its special abilities, maybe a bit more, so I reduced its hit die. In game it could be that once a half-orc noble masters the dueling aspects of the Claws of the Dragon style, they move on to the more subtle and graceful techniques for mastery, and the Dragonclaw Master prestige class emphasizes agility and battlefield awareness moreso than raw power, whereas the Dragonclaw Duelist focuses on beating down a single opponent quickly. Thus the Master's training involves less training of the body for strength and endurance, and more on opening up the senses and reacting quickly.

Oh, and they're limited to half-orcs because the original post describing the Claws of the Dragon martial art said that only that young half-orc nobles were trained in a fighting style called the Claws of the Dragon, and compete in tournaments with it. I don't think it was meant for any purebloods.

Abisashi

First Post
Sarellion said:
So Alsixnivis doesn´t go on a rampage because he fears the solar and doesn´t want to leave the site open for attack.

Basically my thinking, though he remembers that the Five Heroes came out of nowhere, and thus is generally cautious. Also, the Twelve is protected by a teleport-blocking field, which means that Alsixnivis can't journey too far (because he can't get back instantly.) I figure that the various tribes in the north keep him supplied.

Edited to switch are to is.

Last edited:

domino

First Post
Just as a general grammatical thing, do we want to say the Twelve ARE, or the Twelve IS? Because the name's a misnomer, and there's just the one, right?

Rystil Arden

First Post
domino said:
Just as a general grammatical thing, do we want to say the Twelve ARE, or the Twelve IS? Because the name's a misnomer, and there's just the one, right?
I tend to use the singular, but that's personal preference only.

Abisashi

First Post
domino said:

I've been meaning to use singular, but I usually don't even think about it. It's a single entity, in the form of twelve standing stones or something; has anyone said what the look like?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
No. There was something about a entity within the stones but I think this is a mental entity only.
I always thought it was a single physical entity (i.e. Taufenacht himself) trapped within the stones and thus only able to send out mental insinuations. The mental voice is known as "The Twelve" but it is really just a mouthpiece for the trapped Taufenacht. Perhaps the pillars were raised as part of an effort to trap him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads