• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running a D20 Modern Game

TheNovaLord

First Post
i have a stack of old plastic sci fi minis from blue bird toys (HAVOK). i like to hack bits of them and stick the weapons on more common DDM minis (lizard folk and others who look like sci fi ish). one of the races in out game our sci fi is called 'tyrannolok'. To empathise thier difference i stuck a HAVOK mech weapon on the 'fiendish tyrannasaurous' mini.....looked corny and cool at the same time...

JohnD

Roger

First Post
Maybe they're not perfect, but you could try using the Axis & Allies miniatures. At least then you'll have a guy wearing a uniform and carrying a gun instead of an orc with a battleaxe.

Cheers,
Roger

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Roger said:
Maybe they're not perfect, but you could try using the Axis & Allies miniatures. At least then you'll have a guy wearing a uniform and carrying a gun instead of an orc with a battleaxe.
Except for the horrible scale, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

Truthfully, just about any mini or other tracker will do for battle mat use, though minis that look like what they represent are always prefered. Just remember to include cover, interesting environments and long enough ranges that guns get to be really mean. Short ranges favor melee weapons while guns are scary when the have multiple chances to force Massive Damage Saves, which requires multiple shots, which usually requires long range.

Good Luck :D

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Star Wars Minis work fairly well for Modern games. The common humans (rebel trooper, old republic trooper, bespin guard, new republic trooper, etc.) are sufficiently generic, and stormtroopers make good mook standins since they're pretty much the iconic cannon fodder for an entire generation of gamers. :]

arscott

First Post
Heroclix has some generic mook-types that will work out pretty well too (though you might want to take them off of their bases first.)

Remove ads