• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ry and Insight's Legacies (E6 - character creation)

Ry

Explorer
Rain has placed me at the excruciating laptop-dialup setup at the cottage.

The first time Cathemat's grandmother visited him, the visit was brief - cut short by her fear of the Imperial shamans nearby, who she said were trying to capture her spirit. She had already battled one spirit to reach Cathemat, and her speech became broken up, as if someone shouting over high winds.

She warned Cathemat that Yushia, in her quest for power, had become something terrible. She could not say more, nor was it clear whether she could hear Cathemat. But as she faded, and her speech was more broken, he clearly heard the phrase "Gods of the West"

Insight

Adventurer
rycanada said:
She warned Cathemat that Yushia, in her quest for power, had become something terrible. She could not say more, nor was it clear whether she could hear Cathemat. But as she faded, and her speech was more broken, he clearly heard the phrase "Gods of the West"

In that case, Cathemat would have spent quite a lot of time researching these 'Gods of the West', if indeed the imperial libraries had information on such things. In addition, Cathemat would, when and if the opportunity presented itself, try to question Yushia about the subject, not mentioning the grandmother's spiritual visit.

Ry

Explorer
There was no library at Hune, so the only texts where you could investigate were the private collections of those who dwelled there. Essentially Cathemat was limited to consulting his grandfather, or the Jemesh (magic using ex-imperial guardsmen) or Meiic (warrior of the same function).

Key members of your grandfather's house could be approached about the Gods of the West.

Sands, a Pon warlock.
Mishat, a Dalati Wizard.
Proudeye, a Spirit Shaman with a scarred face and unknown ethnicity.
Ekilar, a Nubalese mystical lyricist.

If you want to talk to someone else, just make them up.

I'm veritably (though happily) bombarded in the E6 thread right now, and given how much time I'll be sinking into that ruleset would you mind if we used E6 instead of Legends for the system? That way at least it's stable and my energies are all in the same place, and we can work feats in that give Cathemat whatever kind of customization we want.

Insight

Adventurer
rycanada said:
There was no library at Hune, so the only texts where you could investigate were the private collections of those who dwelled there. Essentially Cathemat was limited to consulting his grandfather, or the Jemesh (magic using ex-imperial guardsmen) or Meiic (warrior of the same function).

Key members of your grandfather's house could be approached about the Gods of the West.

Sands, a Pon warlock.
Mishat, a Dalati Wizard.
Proudeye, a Spirit Shaman with a scarred face and unknown ethnicity.
Ekilar, a Nubalese mystical lyricist.

If you want to talk to someone else, just make them up.

OK that's all fine. Cathemat would consult whomever he could regarding the Gods of the West.

I'm veritably (though happily) bombarded in the E6 thread right now, and given how much time I'll be sinking into that ruleset would you mind if we used E6 instead of Legends for the system? That way at least it's stable and my energies are all in the same place, and we can work feats in that give Cathemat whatever kind of customization we want.

Yeah, that's fine, although I was interested in checking out your new system. But sure, I'll try out the E6 thing.

BTW, I'm going to be at Origins starting Wednesday, July 4, and won't be posting again until 7-11.

Ry

Explorer
Insight said:
OK that's all fine. Cathemat would consult whomever he could regarding the Gods of the West.

Which person do you talk to first? (This question has consequences for young Cathemat)

Ry

Explorer
The Legends ruleset is in limbo right now (needs revising, no time for it, affected by constant exposure to raw chaos, likely in danger of being eaten by a slaad) because of these people knocking on my door to run or write E6.

But the Legacies setting has massive appeal, so let's keep it up even if it's a little slow.

Let's make the stats of 15-year-old (i.e., level 1) Cathemat. Since Cathemat is a 1 PC situation, and we've established that the story is about him, let's use gestalt, 32 point buy, and any wotc sources you want (base human for the race).

Insight

Adventurer
Do you have any preferences in terms of what I make, class-wise? I kinda got the impression that maybe you did, or was it my imagination?

Am I restricted to core SRD base classes, or can I get into classes from the complete books such as swashbuckler, warlock, etc?

Remove ads