• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rystil's Neospelljamming Gestalt Setting: Berserker and Eldritch Infiltrator Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Maybe you can make a very rough overview of the races/classes, i.e.

Spellfrenzy - Similar to "Barbarian/Sorcerer"; instead of raging, frenzy (UA rage variant) can be entered whenever a spell is successfully resisted.

Just a sentence or two, so we have a rough idea what the class is. ;)

Bye
Thanee
That is my current plan. Here's that information on the Amaranthian classes I presented earlier.

[SBLOCK]
Siren- Similar to a Sorcerer/Bard, they use song-magic and social skills to get ahead. Technically, there's nothing stopping them from taking sorcerer spells that don't match the class's flavour, but all of their spells require verbal components, even the sorcerer ones. They also gain limited use of the Spelldancer/Spellsinger ability to spend extra casting time to add metamagic to certain spells.
Amazon- Similar to a Ranger/Rogue, but using so many different UA variants that she winds up with the fighter's retinue of feats as well but no SA.
Runemaiden/Runetemptress- Passingly similar to Paladin/Wizard, the fact that the class combination requires the use of all 6 stats to pull off effectively caused me to retool it greatly. Now they can prepare their spells in runes ahead of time or draw runes in the air if they didn't write them down (the latter takes at least two rounds). Anyone can activate the Runemaiden's rune, but they use the minimum of her caster level or their own effective caster level for this purpose (which will usually be lower among adventuring companions), and they can't use the rune at all if their effective caster level is too low.
Swanmay- Similar to a Druid/Fighter, she receives bonus feats, nature-based casting, an animal companion, and eventually the ability to become a swan.
Votress- Similar to a Cleric/Monk, they use their great Wisdom to rule their minds and bodies.
Enchantress- Passingly similar to a cleric/wizard, except not really, but that was where I started. They get d6 HD, and do not get as many proficiencies as the cleric, and they have a signature spell nexus instead of a familiar. Furthermore, they cast their cleric spells using the UA variant of prepared spells that was basically directly copied from AU and they cast their wizard spells using Spell Points with the fatigue variant.
Nymph- Similar to a Druid/Rogue, but instead of gaining sneaky, stealing type stuff, all the rogue abilities have been replaced with nymph-related stuff. So I guess the only thing it keeps from the Rogue is the 8 SP per level.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
silentspace said:
I'd be interested if there is a spot available
Well that makes five then :) I'll be here waiting for more, but that's enough to convince me to put up a Recruitment thread. Not yet though. Its going to be about a month before I can make the game, as I'm working on the Eyros Campaign Setting for Lion's Den until then :). I'll be in this thread chatting about it the whole time though, for those who are interested ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, and I'm just randomly throwing out this info mostly (except for the Spellfrenzied; that one was in an e-mail). I guess I like fey ;) So if anyone has any favourites from the list upon which they'd like to see me expound in a teaser, I'm open to suggestions :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
I'll be in this thread chatting about it the whole time though, for those who are interested ;)

I would be interested in: (see my notes in brackets)

Amazon- but no SA. (What's SA?)
Nymph- while simultaneously gaining powers associated with the Monster Manual nymph. (I've often wanted to play a nymph but not with that LA... :eek: )
Runemaiden/Runetemptress - (Was interested in this but your post made them sound insanely complex.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I would be interested in: (see my notes in brackets)

Amazon- but no SA. (What's SA?)
Nymph- while simultaneously gaining powers associated with the Monster Manual nymph. (I've often wanted to play a nymph but not with that LA... :eek: )
Runemaiden/Runetemptress - (Was interested in this but your post made them sound insanely complex.)
Sneak Attack= SA.

As for the Nymph, I also like playing fey. Heh, that's one of the reasons I picked Shalah in HttBT. If you can't be a fey, the next best thing....You' may be happy to know that all those types of nymphs I mentioned in the description are playable Amaranthian races :)

Runemaiden: Much simpler than I made it out to be because I'm just bad at obfuscating things. Instead of memorising spells, you write them on runes (the same number as usual for a wizard+paladin). Then anyone can invoke the runes. And if you don't want to commit to wizard preparation inflexibility, you can leave the rest of the runes in your head instead of writing them down and cast them like an AU caster (but then it takes 2 rounds).

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Sneak Attack= SA.

Doh... fighter feats for SA then... What else does she have?

Rystil Arden said:
As for the Nymph, I also like playing fey. Heh, that's one of the reasons I picked Shalah in HttBT. If you can't be a fey, the next best thing....

:lol: True but I'm rather horrible... I've used the Half-Nymph template for four PbP characters now, not to mention a cohort, five if you want to consider the fact that I ran the "same" character as a Epic level character and later as a first level character cause I liked the character so much. :D (Unfortunately Jarval's many and most recently prolonged absence from ENworld has placed a serious dampener in that game. :cry: )

Rystil Arden said:
Runemaiden: Much simpler than I made it out to be because I'm just bad at obfuscating things.

Hmmm that does sound cool... and I love Divine Grace. :D Though I'm not too found of arcane caster, haven't played anything more powerful than a bard in 3rd edition, I really like this concept. :D

Then again, I liked all the above concepts… Maybe its time to get a second or third account. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
True but I'm rather horrible... I've used the Half-Nymph template for four PbP characters now, not to mention a cohort, five if you want to consider the fact that I ran the "same" character as a Epic level character and later as a first level character cause I liked the character so much. (Unfortunately Jarval's many and most recently prolonged absence from ENworld has placed a serious dampener in that game. :cry: )

Hahaha. You...uhh...nymphomaniac! You should see my Face to Face game! We have to wit the following fey stuff:

*Pixie Ninja/Assassin Cohort (of the Flying Blue Azer)
*Wild Elf Shaman Cohort died saving the Frenzied Berserker, Reincarnated, rolled "DM's Choice" = Nymph
*Alternate Dimension where some binary events happened opposite, so Frenzied Berserker was reincarnated as a Nymph when he died saving Shaman
*Laryana, half-nymph [my homebrewed variant that soooo came out before the Dragon Magazine one] daughter of the FB (who is nigh invincible...)
*Cornelia, the very-confused result of an evil elf/shade/baatezu Archmage who wanted the Divine Grace ability of the nymph and so combined with one using an Alchemist's Apparatus, but then got displaced by a Telepath, leaving the bewildered nymph with most of the arcane power of the archmage
*The ancient Empire of Dark Sidhe that the characters explored, including a battle with the Shadow Lich king...
*...And more

Doh... fighter feats for SA then... What else does she have?

She has 8 SP, full BAB, the feats, new combat styles, some new abilities, and FE is changed up a bit. No ranger spells. And of course all good saves but Will.

Hmmm that does sound cool... and I love Divine Grace. Though I'm not too found of arcane caster, haven't played anything more powerful than a bard in 3rd edition, I really like this concept.

We all love Divine Grace. The evil archmage PC in my campaign was basically eliminated from the world by trying to get it...

Then again, I liked all the above concepts… Maybe its time to get a second or third account.

Sneaky sneaky, I'm going to have to look out if a "Shutter Blatherstone" or something tries to join ;)

And if you think that there's too many interesting concepts now, wait til I haul in all the other classes :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Hahaha. You...uhh...nymphomaniac!

Yeah that's me! :lol:

Well you've seen Samira, my other half-nymphs.

Loviana, a corrupter (see dragon magazine for this unholy warrior class) that was a steadfast follower of Loviatar that rather enjoyed corrupting the faithful of other deities in rather profane and physical ways. :oops: (She was the sole survival of a vile game and is enjoying her own solo game where she seeks redemption from her wicked past.)

Brystasia, the epic level Sunite (paladin/favored soul combination) that was an ECL 21 but her lowest save was her will save… At 27 (No magic beyond inert magic from books and of course divine grace) She was also the character remade for the solo game with Jarval.

Autumnleaves, proving that the Healer class from the miniatures handbook is weak but fun… The game thread is on the “other forum” but she might be the most fun character I’ve ever played. :)

Rystil Arden said:
She has 8 SP, full BAB, the feats, new combat styles, some new abilities, and FE is changed up a bit. No ranger spells. And of course all good saves but Will.

Woot! No spells! :D

Rystil Arden said:
We all love Divine Grace. The evil archmage PC in my campaign was basically eliminated from the world by trying to get it...

I've lost to many character's to poor rolls on my saves. :)

Rystil Arden said:
And if you think that there's too many interesting concepts now, wait til I haul in all the other classes :D

I'm not sure if I will be able to contain myself... ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brystasia, the epic level Sunite (paladin/favored soul combination) that was an ECL 21 but her lowest save was her will save… At 27 (No magic beyond inert magic from books and of course divine grace) She was also the character remade for the solo game with Jarval.

Reminds me of a character I converted from 2E for one of my players. He had played her for something like 6 years, and so she was slightly epic (ah the good old days when levelling took forever). She had something like 46 Charisma, which she managed to apply to her saves and AC with Contemplative and Mystic Wanderer. Not to mention her level in Monk, but then, she had originally been built using Player's Option, so she legitimately needed that to complete her concept and wasn't just cherrydipping for Wisdom to AC ;)

I've lost to many character's to poor rolls on my saves.

Bwahaha :D. Look at it this way: Losing a character == you get to try another concept ;)

Autumnleaves, proving that the Healer class from the miniatures handbook is weak but fun… The game thread is on the “other forum” but she might be the most fun character I’ve ever played.

Quite weak, and yes very fun. IMC let them cast using Spell Points to make up for it ;)

Loviana, a corrupter (see dragon magazine for this unholy warrior class) that was a steadfast follower of Loviatar that rather enjoyed corrupting the faithful of other deities in rather profane and physical ways. ops: (She was the sole survival of a vile game and is enjoying her own solo game where she seeks redemption from her wicked past.)

Ah, reminds me of one of my characters...too bad Wizards didn't like her story enough to accept it in that Loviatar-story contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads