• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rystil's Neospelljamming Gestalt Setting: Berserker and Eldritch Infiltrator Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hmmm....here's a toss-up for everyone involved in the discussion:

What style of adventure would you guys like to see in this setting?(I have a few ideas already in mind, but we'll see where this leads)

Exploration/Mission-based with a mix of roleplaying and light combat (exempli gratia "Rescue the lost operative")

Stealth-and-Combat-based (e.g. "Infiltrate and destroy the enemy organisation headquarters")

Roleplaying-and-Intrigue-based (e.g. "Uncover the hidden conspiracy")

Something else?

Thanee

First Post
The first with a mix of the latter two? ;)

As for classes, I generally like rogues and arcane spellcasters (esp. the sorcerer).
The Spellfrenzy also looks quite nice, as I would also like to play some kind of fighter-mage.
The Siren also sounds interesting as does the Eldritch Infiltrator. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Two points for Thanee the telepath! :D (My thoughts exactly)
Hurray! That's good because that's what my current prebuilt adventure is. Heck, since I already have that one, it might be theoretically possible to GM it without waiting on my return from Cambridge, assuming I wasn't forced to recreate more of the class/race info than necessary ;)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Okay, my interest would be in one of the following:

Altanian Arcanist or Spellsword
Larakese ninja (who doesn't need to play a ninja every now and then)
A XXX Marksman (some race that would help the class)
Avenger and Dragonlord both sound interesting.
a Praetor Gladiator
A Champion

More info please! Pretty please ! :) ;)

Keia

Thanee

First Post
Those worlds would come the closest to my likings, judging from the information provided so far:

Vanarca[Vanarcan] (Altania [Altanian]): Magocracy, all inhabitants have innate magickal abilities
Tymadeau[Tymadish] (Rowain[Rowaini]): Medieval flavour, traditionalist
Kanath[Kanather] (Eldiz[Eldish]): Cosmopolitan Urban Centre, home of the Organization

Eldritch Infiltrator has the sound of a class I might like. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Eonthar

Explorer
Some kind of Druid/Ranger, Druid/Fighter or Druid/Bard would be pretty cool. As for the race, it would depend on which one would be most appropriate to the above combinations.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Okay, my interest would be in one of the following:

Altanian Arcanist or Spellsword
Larakese ninja (who doesn't need to play a ninja every now and then)
A XXX Marksman (some race that would help the class)
Avenger and Dragonlord both sound interesting.
a Praetor Gladiator
A Champion

More info please! Pretty please ! :) ;)

Keia
Since you asked so nicely ;)

Blurb on one of the classes you mentioned (which I happened to find in an e-mail I sent to a playtester last year; hurray for saving my e-mails):

Marksman- Often Dolathi and always Eldish, marksman are masters at ranged combat, not snipers. They are known for amazing feats of archery, and the greatest can sometimes shoot more than one arrow every second. Their fascination with ranged combat is strong enough to overcome the universal caution towards the Alvasi, new weapons developed jointly by an Altanian arcanist, a Valsian dragon lord, and a Sidhe enchantress in order to combat the Praetorian deathgrip on magical weapons.

And the following blurbs that I made up just now (so they're shorter):

Arcanist- The undisputed masters of the arcane, they make up the ruling caste of the Altanian magocracy. Arcanists supplement their innate Altanian magical talent with additional arcane power from years of study.

Ninja- Stealthy and skilled in unarmed combat and the use of the ever-popular "ninja-weapons" Ninja are masters of the unseen, and their strikes from the shadows take advantage of their victims' unpreparedness.

Avenger- Often Mojiin but occassionally Valsian, the Avengers are powerful martial combatants who champion the protection of the natural world from dangerous threats. The evil version of the Avenger is the Hatesower

(I forgot to mention that some of these have evil versions; the evil Runemaiden is the Runetemptress)

Dragonlord- Sorcerer-psions who twist the two arts together until they become one, Dragonlords can defile the surrounding wildlife to augment their own power

Gladiator- One of the only lower-class occupations that is more likely to be occupied by Praetors than Plebs (because most Warmages wouldn't build a Pleb and then just surrender her to the gladiatorial pits--I may have forgotten to mention that Plebs were constructs, but they are--and this was made before Eberron, so no, I didn't copy the Warforged concept, just like my Dweamoureaters came well before Jesse Decker's Spellthief ;) ). Some Gladiators live for the roar of the crowd, although others were forced into the life, but all Gladiators are known for their flashy moves and ability to "enter the zone" in combat.

Champion- The ultimate paragon of deific divine magic, the Champion is a force for good in the cosmos, combining mastery of combat with strength of faith. Although their faith is strong, some Champions tend to be more accepting of non-believers than Inquisitors and Zealots, which causes them sometimes to be viewed with suspicion by the highest authorities of the Church of Circe. The oevil counterpart of Champion is Villain.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Those worlds would come the closest to my likings, judging from the information provided so far:

Vanarca[Vanarcan] (Altania [Altanian]): Magocracy, all inhabitants have innate magickal abilities
Tymadeau[Tymadish] (Rowain[Rowaini]): Medieval flavour, traditionalist
Kanath[Kanather] (Eldiz[Eldish]): Cosmopolitan Urban Centre, home of the Organization

Eldritch Infiltrator has the sound of a class I might like. ;)

Bye
Thanee
Ya, from your comment about liking Rogues and arcane casters, I was going to suggest Eldritch Infiltrators too ;) Dolathi (shape-shifting cosmopolitan beings native to Kanath) are more-or-less the only Eldritch Infiltrators, and they are very good at it. In my first playtest, Foresight the Eldritch Infiltrator saved the Samurai and the Enchantress from certain death by a combination of Bluffing, Ventriloquism, and Ghost Sound :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Eonthar said:
Some kind of Druid/Ranger, Druid/Fighter or Druid/Bard would be pretty cool. As for the race, it would depend on which one would be most appropriate to the above combinations.
You want Treesinger, Animist, and Swanmay then, although Totemist and Preserver are close as well. Melodians make good Treesingers, Lacerta are good Animists, various Nymphs are good Swanmays, Lacerta again are good Totemists, and Mojiin are good Preservers, although Valsians aren't too bad at it if they try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads