• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rystil's Next Game--You Pick!

Which Game Should Rystil Make Next (Read Descriptions Below!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, I have honestly never done Planescape - so that would interst me, although I didn't vote for it. I personally love getting into other people's worlds the best - hence why I voted homebrew. But if you do choose up a game and do "Kiss" and "Planescape" you could put me where you needed me - if you even select me at all!
Well, it looks like Kiss, Planescape, and Post-Arthurian are the top three right now, so it is still a toss-up which two I would run even if I did pick option (d), but I'll keep that in mind. What I'll likely do (no matter which option I pick) is put up a new recruiting thread for each one and have people submit concepts and then I choose between them, giving preference to people from this thread :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool, just give us a link when you do that :)

Obviously, you may get some overlapping apps if you open 2 different threads.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Mmm...sweet, sweet Planescape...

Though really, all those choices look pretty intriguing. Still interested! :)
I hear you :). It looks like a close call here for Planescape and Post-Arthurian, so we'll see what happens ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
I'd be interested in whatever option you choose, also I only voted for 1 option in the poll, my second choice would be planescape, as I like the idea of travelling the planes. I'd have to have a clueless character though, as I just don't know enough about the setting.
Yes, it seems like a lot of people have that sort of feeling. Of course, it's always fun when a non-Planescape campaign goes temporarily planar, and then they're *all* Clueless :]

Rystil Arden

First Post
doghead said:
If I were you, I'd go with option B. The most players for the least amount of work. And in my experience, if you ask people not to peek, most people won't. As someone said, doing so is pretty cheasy.

But if you were me you would go with D and choose the post Arthurian game cos I think it sounds really cool :D

thotd
I agree with both of your thoughts...it is definitely going to be a tough choice for me. Perhaps I'll come up with a good answer in a day or two, which will have allowed the poll to stay up for the week I wanted it to have :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool, just give us a link when you do that :)

Obviously, you may get some overlapping apps if you open 2 different threads.
Yup, I'll send a link, and I do expect overlapping apps if I open two--even if I have to make the call to only accept each player in one or the other, I welcome applications to both games. If it comes to that, I'll ask each player to select their top choice to try to make it less likely that I become so fond of their application to the other game that they lose the chance to join the one they preferred ;)

Manzanita

First Post
I think it would be cool to run the same campaign for two groups and see how differently it goes. You'll get this either way, I suppose since you ran Kiss of Darkness with your tabletop group. It might be more interesting if both were pBP. You'd just have to be sure to give them sufficiently different names so players wouldnt' be confused.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
I think it would be cool to run the same campaign for two groups and see how differently it goes. You'll get this either way, I suppose since you ran Kiss of Darkness with your tabletop group. It might be more interesting if both were pBP. You'd just have to be sure to give them sufficiently different names so players wouldnt' be confused.
It's not a bad idea (though the other ideas each have their own appeals as well)--perhaps one of the two PbP groups will be able to successfully complete the adventure instead of giving it up as hopeless :lol: The question for me would be whether I should have maybe four or five players per game instead of six if I run two games for speed's sake for each game.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
The question for me would be whether I should have maybe four or five players per game instead of six if I run two games for speed's sake for each game.

I here this comment!

To me, the difference would really be how committed the players are to posting daily. Because there are posters who say, "Yes, I can post daily" and what they really mean is "Yes, I'll not only post multiple posts daily but I'll also have my character come up with RP things to say on my own so the other characters can post multiple posts daily, too!" And, there are posters who say "I can post daily" and what they really mean is "I'll post daily during combat and in non-combat I'll only post when directly spoken to and never ever come up with my own creative thing to say." :) Of course, I over-exaggerate on both extremes! But a party of six of the first type would easily be a quick moving game. A party of six of the second type or even three of each type would definately slow the game down.

But, unfortunately there is no way to know for sure until the game starts, in my own opinion. I'm sure whatever you decide will work out. Your other games don't seem to have a problem moving along - so you're obviously doing something right! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads