• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

s@squ@tch

First Post
Voadam said:
Not if he carries a wand of repair wounds that a wizard could use to heal him with.

That warforged would have several levels in Boy Scout to carry such a wand with him.

Another idea would be for him to be, say, a lvl 7 fighter/lvl 1 artificier and carry such wand.

Its a bit of a stretch to think that a warforged would walk around with a wand he/she couldn't use and hope that someone would use it on him to repair. But with the level in artificer, that would make more sense, and lend to a credible backstory of a lone warforged making his/her way in the wilderness.

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
That warforged would have several levels in Boy Scout to carry such a wand with him.

Another idea would be for him to be, say, a lvl 7 fighter/lvl 1 artificier and carry such wand.

Its a bit of a stretch to think that a warforged would walk around with a wand he/she couldn't use and hope that someone would use it on him to repair. But with the level in artificer, that would make more sense, and lend to a credible backstory of a lone warforged making his/her way in the wilderness.
Or he could start with 750 gp unspent so he could buy his own wand in Stormreach after hooking up with a party that has a wizard who could use it to heal him.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Voadam said:
Or he could start with 750 gp unspent so he could buy his own wand in Stormreach after hooking up with a party that has a wizard who could use it to heal him.

I'm thinking that a warforged of this level would want/need a stronger wand than Repair, Light. Especially in the heat of battle.

Yoggrith did a good job of healing people in the elemental attack, and he was using Cure Critical Wounds for the most part.

Rhun

First Post
After looking over the character sheets posted, my opinion is even more solidly steered toward the dwarf PC. That character will have the highest AC vrs giants (due to the dwarf's +4 dodge bonus vrs giants), and he has the most hit points. The warforged would be my second pick.

The half-giant would be a walking target. AC19 and 78 hit points? That is two rounds of meatshield tops.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Aye, the dwarf would make a marvelously shiny distraction. And damage dealer too, don't get me wrong, but we need someone who can really stand up to a big ol' barrage if necessary.

drothgery

First Post
From a pure numbercrunching perspective, I have to go with the consensus on liking the dwarf. The best AC, most HPs, and doesn't trail the warforged much in expected damage (he does in attack bonus, but we've got a few 'strikers' in 4e parlance in the group in Sanne and Aeranduil to hit a lot). Also, he's the only with a background written so far.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads