• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

s@squ@tch

First Post
Starting XP is 28000 for all the 8th level folks.

I'll post a recruitment thread for a meat shield for for team black. If H4H comes back/EN 2 goes live, he can pick back up with Jaxel, as I don't plan to kill him off(because then I can make the giants more difficult. :) ).

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
So, basically, you guys need a meat shield of some sort if he is not going to be participating, and Stormreach is a logical place to add someone (here's a preview: you're headed into the jungle) that doesn't dress in loincloths and swing from vines. (Although that would be interesting)

Yeah, Sanne's definitely a melee type, but she's no meatshield.

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
The true art of being a meat shield is to be able to make the attackers miss.

Unfortunately, they seem unlikely to be persuaded not to attack by Sanne's innate charm (or even her mad diplomacy skillz).

s@squ@tch

First Post
In the recruitment of a meatshield, there are three candidates, so I wanted to know if you (the party) has any preference.

One would be a dwarven knight/dwarven defender, another would be a half-giant fighter, while the last would be a warforged fighter.

Obviously, the last one would be hard for this group to heal.

Please let me know of any preference or comments, as I'd like to pick the shield of meat in the coming days, so that we can get them situated before we head into the interior of the continent.

Rhun

First Post
I'd like to see the builds (or at least partial builds) before I weigh in. They way I see it, is we need the one that is the hardest to hurt...whether that means high AC, high hit points, or both, I don't know. We seem pretty well covered for damage output though, so my take is that we need someone that can take a hit better than a PC that can deliver one.

My initial thought is that the dwarf probably fits that role best.

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
In the recruitment of a meatshield, there are three candidates, so I wanted to know if you (the party) has any preference.

One would be a dwarven knight/dwarven defender, another would be a half-giant fighter, while the last would be a warforged fighter.

Obviously, the last one would be hard for this group to heal.

Not if he carries a wand of repair wounds that a wizard could use to heal him with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads