• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

s@squ@tch

First Post
@pathfinderq1: Let me know if you plan on having Ipshivi do anything during this combat, I am assuming that she is below decks riding out the storm, as they say.

Due to the actions taken by the elementals before some of the PC's acted, I need updated info from Jaxel, Morika, and Voadam, along with Yoggriths action. Jaxel now has a choice to invoke the duck underneath move, as the elemental attacked and missed him while using total defense last turn. (He can still jump overboard if he wants to! ;) )

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@pathfinderq1: Let me know if you plan on having Ipshivi do anything during this combat, I am assuming that she is below decks riding out the storm, as they say.

Unless things turn absolutely disastrous, she is content to stay out of this particular fight. She also thinks the ship needs more recreational reading material- don't they even have the latest issue of the Korranberg Chronicle? ;)

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Morika: I'm sure you are aware of this, but I thought I'd post it:

From the SRD for Call Lightning:
If you are outdoors and in a stormy area—a rain shower, clouds and wind, hot and cloudy conditions, or even a tornado (including a whirlwind formed by a djinni or an air elemental of at least Large size)—each bolt deals 3d10 points of electricity damage instead of 3d6.

(What's that on the rear deck?? ;) )

Also, your concentration mod should be +10 (due to your +2 con bonus -- you've got +1 listed)

Voadam

Legend
If you could put

CURRENT INIT

or some such in the listing of initiative count actions so we can see on the initiative count where the resolved action from the post ends that would help me.

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
I'm trying to get my mind around the physics of this situation -- the elemental is composed completely of swirling air, so I would think that 'landing' or 'grabbing hold' of it would be a very difficult thing to do.

Hmm. Can one Grapple an Air Elemental? Pin one? I figure being buffeted by the winds might give me time to pull something off.

I would think hitting it with a weapon would be much like hitting an incorporeal creature -- the weapon itself would pass through the creature and deal damage, instead of the satisfying resistance that a corporeal 'body' would generate.

By thier description they definitely seem to be incorporeal but they aren't rules wise which is definitely weird. I will abide by any ruling you seem fair.

p.s. You're not intentionally trying to kill off Jaxel, are you?[/QUOTE

Nah! Just roleplaying a fearless crazy gnome. Probably should not have watched "Beowulf" before I post though. ;)

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
@

Due to the actions taken by the elementals before some of the PC's acted, I need updated info from Jaxel, Morika, and Voadam, along with Yoggriths action. Jaxel now has a choice to invoke the duck underneath move, as the elemental attacked and missed him while using total defense last turn. (He can still jump overboard if he wants to! ;) )

Not if I dont have to...

s@squ@tch

First Post
If there was a space on the other side of the elemental for Jaxel to duck under, he would have this round.

Well, to be honest, there IS a lot of space over there, just nothing to keep one from falling 1000' into water.

Remove ads