S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

drothgery

First Post
Rhun said:
Black Team is a confident, professional group...we don't need all that chat to calm the nerves. :D

Besides, at least when we're aboard Stormrider, everybody will be taking Sanne's orders anyway... at least if they know what's good for them :).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey, what can I say, Morika is taciturn unless she's snarking at someone. :p

Technically Morika would prefer to be on the front lines, but probably what we need to do is, scout, scout, scout, find out where the giants are, and then soften them up at a distance with spells and ranged attacks. Those of us that are front-liners, which includes Morika, Jaxel, and perhaps occasionally Yoggrith and Sanne (if everything goes to hell), would only be striding in when we've already done damage to these punks, ya?

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Drothgery -- hold on there cowboy, you aint' got a ship yet. ;)

She doesn't have a command largely independent from Lyrandar as long as she keeps her tithes up that she'll have with her 2nd Windwright Captain level. But I'd assume that at this point she's got a regular line command, or she's first mate to another Windwright Captain (depending on which is more plot convenient).

s@squ@tch

First Post
I would expect that she will know the captain of the airship that will transport you from Sharn to Stormreach, possibly even served under him/her.

The ship will not be a luxury liner, more like a small but quick, scout type of airship.

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
I would expect that she will know the captain of the airship that will transport you from Sharn to Stormreach, possibly even served under him/her.

The ship will not be a luxury liner, more like a small but quick, scout type of airship.

I've been reading too much military SF lately; I meant line, as opposed to staff.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith is front line tank... I purposely made his AC and hit points as high as possible so he could take as much damage as possible while moving around and healing the strikers and other melee combatants. He's not a huge damage-output (using a quartstaff one-handed - even one with Spikes cast on it - is not gonna drop giants that quickly, that's for sure), but he will still be up front to soak damage being dished out.

He'll mainly be going with shield in one hand, nothing in the other (with his quarterstaff on his back). This way he has a hand free to use his spells and wands easily. If/when he needs to add to the combat, he'll pull his quartstaff free and use it (but you shouldn't rely on him for damage that often).

As far as knowing the group... most likely that's a huge 'no'. :) He's been brought in by the House Tharashk representative for this job, so unless any of you work through Tharashk, then you probably wouldn't know Yoggrith. (And even if you did for the House, you still probably wouldn't know him, since he's from Droaam).

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Voadam -- Please list out the point buy stats and also the lvl 4 Stat increase, along wiht your headband bonus. I calculate that Voadam should have 50 ranks total (at Int = 17) I only see 49 listed. Please list out any equipment that actually weighs something, and your modified XP total, once you've subtracted the amount used for crafting. Please include your Aasimar Spell-like ability, darkvision, and resistances. I will need a list of prepared spells -- your choice of location -- either in RG or in the IC thread, where what spells are left are tracked. Is your gear updated for the drop from 9th level to 8th level total? It seems like you have around 34K worth of stuff. Also, add in your action points.

@drothgery -- I calculate Sanne's Hp to be 63 (10+7+8+7+8+7+4+4, plus 8 CON). Update your WrC level to 1 (instead of 2). Your BAB total is correct, but for melee and ranged, it says +7 base (needs to be +6). Please list the skill points earned for each class (63 pts for Swashbuckler, 7 for Artificier and x for WrC). Add in your artificier infusion(s) known, mundane gear along with weights, and you're good.

@ Isida: Add in action points and weights for equipment

@ Rhun: Please list out the skill points added by each class.

@ DEFCON1: Add your Lvl 4 and 8 stat increases and weights for equipment.

@ H4H: Please post your level progression -- R/R/R/F/F/Gs/Gs/Gs? This affects your total hp's. Also, list how many skill points you received from which class. Also add your equipment weights and Action Points.

@ Pathfinder: I calculate your hp to be 42 (6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4, plus 8 CON) Total up your actual weight and you are good to go. Add in your Action Points.

Remove ads