S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
"I am ready," says Aeranduil. "But we will need to move forward, as this angle prevents me from targeting the foe."

Leif

Adventurer
Forivarra d'Deneith, Human Duskblade (least Sentinel Dragonmark)

"Good heavens, man! I thought 'moving forward' was assumed! How else will we ever reach the bloody door if we don't move forward?"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Cody Dylan Overstreet, Unseen Seer

"Get ready, you guys. It's gonna get hot in here." Cody sneaks forward to the corner at BS39. Once the rest of the party is in position he casts a spell. An opaque wall of violet flames appears that cuts the battlefield in two. The wolves and ogre are all caught in it and seared by its flames. The giants are hidden behind it.

[sblock]See die rolls below for hide, move silently, and wall of fire damage.

See attached picture for the wall of fire location.

Based on what I can tell on the map: The wolves and ogre take the 2d6+8 (caster level) full wall damage. The bottom-right giant is within 10 feet of the wall and takes the 2d4 damage. The two in the middle are between 10 and 20 feet so they take the 1d4 damage.

Really, integrated die roller? Really? 1d4 and 2d4 do the same damage?
[/sblock]

Attachments

• wall of fire.jpg
    wall of fire.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil moves forward, and begins sending arrows into the fray as soon as he can spot a target!

OOC: Move to BS41 if possible. S@s, who can Aeranduil target from this square?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morika comes behind the elf and eyes the beasts burning. She drops into crouch and prepares to headbutt first to come close enough to threaten Aeranduil.

OOC: Morika moves to BR 40
ready charge when first enemy comes within 10 of Aeranduil (so she charges minimum allowed). +14 vs AC; 7d6+8 damage and STR check vs Morika's 1d20+8 or fall prone
- on a miss use action point to add greater of 2 1d6s to attack roll

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 1

Initiative:

15 - Ipshivi - Delay
15 - Cody - Cast Blink, move to BW42 (through door)
15 - Aeranduil - 5' step to BR41, attack Giant #14, 1 HIT (crit confirmed) for 34 damage (2 MISS due to concealment)
15 - Thanor - Double move to BW41
15 - Voadam - move to BT41
15 - Yoggrith - Move to BV40
15 - Morika - Charge Wolf #7 (Move to BU39) - HIT for 35 damage
15 - Sanne - Tumble to BX41
15 - Forrivar - Move to BS40, use Kelgore's Fire against Wolf #1
6 - Ogre #4 - Unseen Movement
6 - Wolf #1 - Move to BT37/38 - Attack Morika - HIT for 12 damage
6 - Wolf #9 - Move to BW39/40 - Attack Yoggrith - HIT for 13 damage
6 - Giant #9 - Unseen Movement
6 - Giant #10 - Unseen Movement
6 - Giant #12 - Unseen Movement
6 - Giant #14 - Unseen Movement

During the surprise round, Cody sneaks forward and brings a flaming wall into being, singing the wolves and ogre that are caught in the midst of it.

"Somebody open a door!" trills the agitated halfling,"We're cornered now if something comes up behind us!"

Cody casts a spell and starts flickering in and out of reality. He then advances out and around the corner, near to Morika. "I'm going, I'm going." Cody disappears from sight on the other side of the main doors.

Aeranduil moves forward, and begins sending arrows into the fray, through the wall of fire, where he last remembered seeing a giant. His first arrow strikes true, judging from the grunt of pain from the giant -- his sharp elven eyes make out the giants form amid the flames.

"Aye lassie," says the dwarven knight as he steps to the door and sets himself to push against it.

Voadam moves cautiously into the room.

The halfork moves into the front room, "Out of my way, wizard", ready to set into anything that closes on him with his menacing quarterstaff.

With Morika taking out the wolf she'd planned to engage in a single blow, Sanne moves to face another one.

Forivarra steps up and hurls a red hot shard of rock at a wolf. As the flaming missile sears the very air on it's way to the beast, a nimbus of arcane energy crackles and writhes across its surface -- it strikes the wolf mid-shank, but the wolf is able to avoid some of its potent effect.

The wolves bound out of the fire-wall and both sink their teeth into soft flesh -- one pair of jaws into the druidess, and the other into the half-ork priest.

Whereas, the ogre disappears behind the wall, and the other giants are no longer seen.

Voadam: (43/43) - Mage Armor (~ 6 hrs), Wall of Ice (9/70 rounds), Mirror Image - 3 images (22/70 rounds)
Yoggrith: (61/74) - Spikes (~ 7 1/4 hrs), +2 STR, +1 CL from Death Knell (117 minutes)
Aeranduil: (63/64) -
Sanne: (65/65) - Giants Bane Infusion (124/200)
Morika: (54/66) - Barkskin (712/800)
Ipshivi: (46/46) - Spiderwalk
Thanor: (58/107) - Shield of Faith (39/80 rounds)
Cody: Wall of Fire (7/8 rounds)

Ogre #4 - 24 damage
Wolf #1 - 32 damage
Wolf #7 - dead
Wolf #9 - 24 damage
Giant #9 - 9 damage
Giant #10 - 5 damage
Giant #12 - 5 damage
Giant #14 - 41 damage

Attachments

• Steading 50.jpg
    Steading 50.jpg