S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

s@squ@tch

First Post
[MENTION=6669306]Armando[/MENTION] - I need a piece of artwork to make a token for your PC. If you already have one attached to your RG PC sheet, then I apologize, but if not, please add one, and post it here too. :) Your appearance might be sooner or later, depending on where the PC's go.

Armando

First Post
Posted it in my character sheet, and here it is again.

Attachments

• lizardfolk.jpg
    lizardfolk.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 56

s@squ@tch

First Post
Sorry for the lack of appearances lately -- I fell down the stairs (only three steps, but solid bare oak treads) and have been laid up for a while now. Quite the swelling and an amazingly large hematoma on the base of my spine. I'm trying to get back into the swing now, that I'm a bit more mobile.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sorry for the lack of appearances lately -- I fell down the stairs (only three steps, but solid bare oak treads) and have been laid up for a while now. Quite the swelling and an amazingly large hematoma on the base of my spine. I'm trying to get back into the swing now, that I'm a bit more mobile.

[kidding] too much vodka?[/kidding]

glad to here all is well. I have had one of those hemoptomas, and it is no fun. i fell partway through a ceiling.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC (my 2 cents on initiative in PbP): What I usually do is roll initiative for everyone, to see who goes before the mobs for the first round only. From then on, its a simple back and forth, with players going in post order . I've found this works much better in PbP without taking away the use of features like Improved Initiative and flat footedness without making players wait for weeks on anyone other than the DM. :p

so, one init roll by you, then every one's mods applied to that roll? both party and non party? seems pretty efficient, if that is what you are saying.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I think what he is saying is that for the first round ONLY, the PC's use their modified init roll -- then round 2 and beyond, it is either all PC's then monsters, or monsters then PC's.

Only question I have is how to determine which group goes first in round 2+.

The game has bogged down a lot, in my opinion, when I have been gone for long periods of time, AND when I have to wait for a PC post, then post for an enemy, then wait for the next PC, and so on, and so on. all the map editing and uploading 2 or 3 maps per combat round is tedious -- much easier and quicker when it can be done in batch mode.

Last edited:

Remove ads