• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Vertexx69

First Post
The suit of armor reaches up and cranks its helmet all the way around, the act being accompanied by a very loud ratcheting sound. Then he takes a look at the room, ignoring the fact that he happens to be standing in blood and gore several inches deep. "And where does King Grommet* find ones self on this delightfully sticky day? It is day right? King Grommet* does not like the giant types because they think they can just step..." The armor vanishes in a puff of smoke to appear back on the over by the door an instant later. "...all over King Grommet*, but that doesn't work because King Grommet* is very good at stomping back even harder than..." the armor is right back in the thick of the mountainous gore of dead giants. "...they can. King Grommet* was in the bendy-melty plane, but then saw the shiny shiny green leaves and sunshine through a portal and couldn't help but go see if it was nice and warm there."

This time the construct just walks back over through the door, to the bag near the giant corpse, its armored feet returning to their normal color and texture after the first step. After rummaging through it for a bit he gently pulls a long combat chain from the crude bag, hung with broken bits of gears and cogs. He coils it up and hangs it from a hook at his waste and a pair of steam-plumes issue from the rear shoulder areas, that could be construed as a sigh of relief.

It points to the softly ticking tower shield hovering happily next to him enthusiastically. "Yes yes I was getting to you! (It seems to be addressing the shield directly) Of course you will excuse King Grommet* for a lack of manners. This is King Grommet's* best friend Widget." After a long moment of the strange being looking at the group, it seems that it is waiting expectantly for them to greet or address the otherwise un-animated animated shield. King Grommet leans over to his shield and whispers very loudly. "I don't think they like you. Oh you might be right."

It walks/squishes over to the nearest person holding out its heavy gauntlet in greeting. "King Grommet*, very strange to meet you." Unfortunately the closest person to the unflappable suit of armor is the stunned gith. :p

OOC -
*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Eh, uh yer majisty. Sumthin happend to im and he ain't able to move quit yet. You can call me Dori", says the dwarf that had been fighting near the mechanical man earlier in the fight.

Addressing all of the people fighting the giants he continues, "Mi' full name is Dori Kundarak, holy warrior of the Sovereign Host of the Mror Holds. These here giant folk are the sworn enemy of my people." He then strikes a dramatic pose wtih his foot planted on the corrpse of a giant near him and his long sword held high in the air.

somewher off in the distance is a rumble of thunder at the mention of the Sovereign Host.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"By Balinor's axe and antlers! It's good luck to have both a dwarf and a servant of the Host with us." Dregon says after Dori's introduction.

He didn't quite no what to make of the self proclaimed "King" who talked of himself so often.

[sblock=OOC] btw never owned or now own a Ebberon book so if my references are off than the wiki is wrong. :p[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
The gnome still looks flustered and confused.

"I'm not sure I can continue this. I guess I never thought that I'd see over half of the original group wiped out in one encounter with these giants."

"I must have underestimated their abilities, along with our own."

"I do not want to become an anchor on this expedition, so I am going to go back to the campsite and help the others there, hopefully keeping them safe. If you need my services, you know where to find me."

With that, the gnome bows curtly, then starts down the path, back towards where the group set up camp deep within the woods.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Deric

Dregon's companion, the cloaked figure known as Deric, vanishes from his spot on the walkway, then reappears next to Dregon.

He eyes the doorway and the area beyond, taking in the vast carnage of bodies, blood pools, and concerned looks.

"Well, introductions are in order, my name is Deric, and we happened to be nearby and heard the commotion. I hope no one else INSIDE this place heard it as well."

He turns towards the mechanical creature,"Well met, King Grommett -- could you enlighten me upon how your title had been bestowed?"

Vertexx69

First Post
The clockwork warrior seems completely unphased by the lack of motion from the gith, and moves right along to the more chatty cloaked figure. The construct's spiked gauntlet is cold to the touch despite being covered in the blood of giants. "Hi and hello Deric. King Grommet* is happy to meet any who would shake a hand. King Grommet* has a spiffy crown, but is really a crusader of the realm...but doesn't know wherever that is just today. Where is this again?" Pulling up the edge of its cloak, the metal-man tries futilely to clean some of the blood off his smoothly jointed gauntlets. Then he holds his hands out and arches his back to raise his goggles toward the ceiling, and several gallons of water drop out of thin air, rinsing most of the gore from the animated suit of ticking armor. Steam rises from it for a few moments before he moves to next wide eyed newcomer, a good deal cleaner.

OOC - *A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Dori steps up to shake the clockwork man's hand. Before doing so, he wipes the gore and other refuse from his right hand after moving the shineing long sword to his left.

[ooc=for refrence]
was in the bendy-melty plane, but then saw the shiny shiny green leaves and sunshine through a portal[/ooc]

"Pleasure and an honor, your highness. I would answer your question, But i need to know where you were for a refrence. Could you be so kind as to further describe the bendy-melty place?"

Vertexx69

First Post
"You know, the bendy-melty plane with the clouds of rock and the mercury puppies? King Grommet* liked the flocks of ringing bells and rivers of glass the most." His echoey tin voice seems overjoyed when speaking of the terrifying place of nightmarish terrain. "You gotta watch out for them pesky Slaad-frogs though, they have no sense of humor at all and try to shoot eggs into you if you stand still around them too long."

OOC - It seems like the King is talking about a very chaotic outer plane.

*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

Last edited:

Remove ads