• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Vertexx69

First Post
King Grommet, HP 82/85, AC 32, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 9/9

Dragging his earthen feet across the dusty floor, King Grommet steps around the corner of the giant. He plants a pair of spiked fists into the side of the giant along the way, his shield floating lightly out of the way for each strike.
[sblock=Actions]Swift: ...
Standard: Full Attack (1d20+11=30, 1d20+6=25, 1d4+4=8, 1d4+4=5)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2856355/
Move: 5ft step to (BW,38)
Free: Speak[/sblock][sblock=Granted Maneuvers]Grey=Granted
White=Witheld
*=Spent

Granted Powers (2,3,4)
granted power (1d2=2)

1 Divine Surge
2 Stone Bones
3 Revitalizing Strike*
4 Shadow Jaunt
5 Shield Block[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I knew I could waste good rolls on basic attacks if I really tried. :eek:

Remember KG's Shield Block power for any ally that is adjacent to him (+9 shield bonus to AC).

*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Initiative

27 - Void - Stunned
21 - Cloaked Humanoid - Use supernatural ability, disappears
15 - Hill Giant #1 - Attack Grommett - 2 MISS
12 - Deric - Eldritch Blast on Giant #1 - HIT for 21 damage
12 - Dregon - Charge Giant #1 - 1 HIT for 13 damage
10 - Darv -
8 - Dori -
7 - Chardarron -
6 - King Grommett -

Void remains still, not showing any sign of his almost gruesome death.

The mind flayer, sensing the odds turning against him, makes a few gestures, then disappears out of sight.

The remaining hill giant, presses the attack on Grommett, but is unable to make solid contact once again.

Deric fires off another blast of eldritch energy, hitting the giant squarely in the chest.

As the hill giant falls before Shatterspike Dregon sees the last one. He raises the weapon high and rushes in. The long blade catches the giant right as he in turn attacks the dwarven trained warrior. Shatterspike fells another giant -- as it wobbles then crashes to the ground.

--- END OF COMBAT ---

Condition:

Dori: (66/82):Bulls Strength (71/80 rounds)
Arexis: (-10/64) - Dead
Char: (38/49) - Haste (8/8 rounds)
Tairel: (-10/71 ) - Dead
King Grommett: (82/85)
Dregon: ( / ) : Haste (8/8 rounds)
Deric: ( / ) : Haste (8/8 rounds)

Hill Giant #2: unconscious
Hill Giant #1: dead
Hill Giant #18: dead
Hill Giant #22: dead

Attachments

• HGS 1-22.jpg
    HGS 1-22.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the hill giant falls before Shatterspike Dregon sees the last one. He raises the weapon high and rushes in. The long blade catches the giant right as he in turn attacks the dwarven trained warrior.

[sblock=Actions] Charge 25' straight: Will take the AoO (Dregon's AC will be 22) from the giant. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]As long as the square where Morph was is still vacant on Dregon's turn he will charge forward.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 89/89
AC: 24, AC Touch: 15, AC Flatfooted: 23
INIT: +1
Grapple: +13
Fort: +10
Reflex: +4
Will: +3
Speed: 20'

Shatterspike(melee): +15, 1d8+8 (note:crit 17-20x2)
Shatterspike(full attack): +15/+10, 1d8+8 (same crit threat)
Shatterspike(sunder): +19, 1d8+9
Dagger(melee): +14, 1d4+5
Dagger(range): +10, 1d4+5
Warhammer: +14, 1d8+6

Items:
Potions(3)- clw, cmw, csw [/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
End of Combat

"Oh my."

"Oh dear,"
says the small gnome, visibly shaken at the massive carnage that he just witnessed.

"So much bloodshed -- lives lost."

"I'm not sure I can do this."

He shakes his head.

The motionless statue-like Gitz waits patiently for his comrades to help him. After all, it's not like they are in the middle of the giants land and he stands like a bare duck.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ha! A good little fight," Dregon says aloud. Then listening to the gnome he shrugs. "They be giants and they bleed more because of it."

The burly human warrior with the dwarf like beard and demeanor looks about, seeing no obvious leader of the group he wipes and sheathes his sword. Making a short bow and nod of the head to the group as a whole he introduces himself.

"Dregon Deepcutter," he says with pride. "Adopted son of the Deepcutter clan and at your disposal should you need me."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Chardarron warily looks about for more foes. Seeing none, he looks to his rescuers "My thanks to you. I did not expect to be captured so easily... Nor freed so quickly. In return for the service you have done me, I will place my skills at your disposal as long as you remain in this land."

The tall, slim human bows and thumps a fist to his chest, the sun streaming in the open door seemingly giving his skin a blue flare. "Chardarron Ajjurakil, chosen of Acophisinian, makes this pledge."

s@squ@tch

First Post
The gnome speaks again,"I was not referring to the giants -- but to our fallen allies."

"That mind flayer sent several of their bodies somewhere with its powers, before it almost killed Void over there,"
as he gestures to the frozen gith.

"Only the Host knows what they want with the bodies....."

"But, it is good to meet you -- you and your friend over there,"
gesturing to Deric,"were quite the help in dealing with these giants."

After a few moments, Void regains the ability to control his limbs and movements.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dregon nods in understanding to the Chardarron. "I accept, but let's not keep a tally shall we. I believe if we stick together in these hostile lands that you will have ample time to repay me in kind."

"Truly?" Dregon says questioningly eying the gith. "Ha! Ha! I'm glad you said something, I was thinking he might have been with the giants. And you had him captured."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The dwarf walks over and smetimes throught e gore about the battle fiels towhhere ahe sees a gith standing motionless.

OOC: would dori know what is going on? knowledge planes chek ensuing. Would he know of the eternal conflict between gith and illithids? Knowledge (not sure for that one)

Remove ads