S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Shayuri - it is not a dream, so Dreadnaught experiences it.

@ stonegod - my mistake, Domoris does not experience it.

[sblock=Void]

You notice dried blood spatters on several of the steps and spray patterns on the rubble on each side of the walkway -- a recent battle was fought here, although you can't tell exactly how long ago. No bodies in sight.

You enter what appears to be the ground floor of the building. Roughly 120' in each direction, you feel overwhelmed by the massive scale of the structure.

Along the far left wall are what would appear to be a fleet of magic lifts, similar to ones you have seen on the mainland, although sized for giants. In the south east corner, you spot what looks like to be a large stairwell.

In the middle and strewn about is debris, litter, and various clutter. Several dried pools of blood can easily be seen from your vantage point.

Along the right wall you notice a gathering of debris, which looks rather organized in assembly.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
Hudder will watch Void descend out of their extra-dimensional space and try to make sense of the vision he just received.

"I don't be likin' these magicks or whatever they are takin' over me mind, remind me to be payin' that fiend back in kind for what he be doin' ta Asenfel" Hudder growls as he grabs his axe and looks down the whole as if expecting the mind flayer to come through at any moment.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: So, Void is scouting out the interior of the building, what are the plans for the rest of the party? Make camp in the 'trick until morning?

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought is still and silent, and could be mistaken for a statue until his head turns to regard Hudder, and he speaks in his hollow, bass tones.

"If what we were shown was true, it is an ugly fate. We must adjust our tactics, and be prepared for the ultimate foe in this battle. More and more it seems that the giants may only be proxies fighting on behalf of these creatures. The question is what they want. And how to defeat them."

He pauses, then shifts position slightly.

"No more solitary watches. We need at least two alert at any given moment. Three is even better, and shouldn't be too hard since I do not sleep."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph sits cross-legged in the rope trick. "Dreadnaught is wise beyond what most would think. The flayers are our true foes, I believe as well. My spells require me to rest, though I too will be awake. I shall be more prepared for them this time."

Farce

First Post
"Aye, I'm fer thinkin' we gotta be more careful now, it seems the darkness can penetrate even this place. You might be right about them giants Dread, they seemed to be too smart for their own good." Hudder replies to the warforged, as he sits and lays his axe across his lap.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm thinking we wait here until our caster's can regain their spells.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I believe Domoris was also going to scout before sleeping.

Domoris grunts at the suggestion of watching in pairs. Its probably in agreement, but who knows?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC@stonegod: Where/what was Domoris planning on scouting? Inside the building? building perimeter?
The giants dead, the panther-druid followed the group warily, scenting the air and eyes alert. When they get to the camp, he leaps into the small opening to get a feeling for what has a occurred and to evaluate its safety.
OOC: Inside initially (w/ Void if he's going), outside after. Then he'll perch up high as stated in that post (not quoted) to sleep.

Remove ads