• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Manzanita

First Post
Toler has become quiet, listening intently to the discussion. Reinert stands and leans across the table to take the bottle of wine from his hand and refills his mug. "Well there's lots of hansom men about." says Reinert. "But if you don't even know what Tobert looks like, then how will you know when you find him? You need someone capable, who knows stuff about wizards, and forging, and drinking, and ...um..." Reinert pauses, looking around the room. His eyes linger on Banion and Beamer. "and halflings." he continues. "And how much was that reward?"

Toler's maimed friend finally speaks. "What mission do you have with Torvin?" he asks Eusebius.

Mary smiles and leaves.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
"What about halflings?" Banion asks Toler.

I assume he's asking Reinert about that. Reinert is drunk. Knowledge of halflings would seem no more relevant than knowledge of drinking.

Reinert merely scowls at Banion and takes another sip.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion tries to be patient.

"You said they would need someone who knows stuff about wizards, forging, drinking, and halflings. What did you mean?"

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
"You said they would need someone who knows stuff about wizards, forging, drinking, and halflings. What did you mean?"

Reinert looks a bit embarrassed. "Well, I was just saying....He's looking for this guy." Reinert gestures at Eusebius. "But he doesn't even know what he looks like. And he's got some sort of reward. So he needs some help, I think. So I was tellin' him what sort of things I know about...how I can help him out."

Patlin

Explorer
"Ah, I see. Well, in any event, I think Beamer and I know something about halflings, and we'd be happy to help out as well."

Bront

The man with the probe
Manzanita said:
Reinert looks a bit embarrassed. "Well, I was just saying....He's looking for this guy." Reinert gestures at Eusebius. "But he doesn't even know what he looks like. And he's got some sort of reward. So he needs some help, I think. So I was tellin' him what sort of things I know about...how I can help him out."
"I'm sure your knowledge of drinking might prove usefull if he were a whiskey," Juliana says. "However, seeing that he is not, I think we have no need of your services."

Boddynock

First Post
"Indeed, I was coming to the same opinion myself." Eusebius frowns at Reinert, then turns towards the others.

"My mission with Torvin is at the behest of the high priest of Hyrag and not to be bandied around a taproom. Nevertheless, if you have knowledge - real knowledge," said with a shake of his head at the drunken merchant, "of his whereabouts, you would find me grateful. And if you are a friend of Torvin's, be assured that I seek him for his own benefit as well as that of the church."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert hangs his head & swirls his wine. "I don't want to come with you lot anyhows. I gots me an important job. Trimble is an important wizard doing important research, and where would he be without Reinert? I was just trying to be helpful. You don't even know what Torbit looks like. You might be out wand'rin' 'round for months looking for some tall hansom armored guy & never find 'im."

The maimed man stands and slaps Toler on the chest with the back of his good hand (his right one). "Come on." he says

"No one 'preciates old Reinert." the dwarf drones on, eyes on his mug. "Everyone thinks he's ugly and prickly - hey - where you goin' with that wine?"

Toler puts the last bottle on the table. "We'll be sleeping with out horses, tonight. Valuable cargo. Good night everyone." he says.

Boddynock

First Post
Frowning, Euesbius turns to Juliana and leads her aside.

[sblock=Juliana]"I do not trust those two," he whispers. "Do you have any means of ... determining their true intentions? It would not do for enemies of the church to hear ahead of time that we are seeking Torvin Akenthrash. I find myself wondering if they have left to protect their belongings or to ride on ahead of us."[/sblock]

Remove ads