S1: Tomb of Horrors - IC

WarShrike

First Post
Ungroth is open to suggestions. He begins a sweep of the area as suggested by Gorash, giving Gruskin the occasional sideways glance.

cool hand luke

First Post
When I was flying around all if the sides if the island looked the same, except on are over that way that stood out, it was real sandy and crumbly and not overgrown like the rest, like u said finding stuff isn't my forte but ut might've worth checking out.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: If you climb down and will search the crumbling cliff of gravel and sand, let me know how you are searching and where along the 340' stretch from west to east.

WarShrike

First Post
"I guess it's worth a try" says Ungroth as he once again pulls his trusty Rope of Climbing from his pack. Ordering one end to fasten around a nearby purchase and the other end around his waist (allowing him to sink about 10' into the sand), he goes down where he previously came up, pushing as much sand away as possible.

kinem

Adventurer
By kicking out and back into the crumbling cliff below the ledge, Ungroth is able to dislodge some gravel and sand, creating a shower below.

If there is a buried tunnel entrance somewhere along the 340' long crumbling area, this kind of probing technique might reveal an opening, but there isn't any such opening revealed in the place Ungroth is checking.

WarShrike

First Post
Finding this new use for his Rope of Climbing rather amusing at first, Ungroth quickly tires of the game. He orders the end of the rope to find a new purchase further off to his right (East?), possibly 10 to 20 feet, and tries again. "I don't s'pose either of you can whip up a hurricane or something to dislodge this sand. While kinda fun, this is getting rather tedious, rather fast."

This is not the place. Building a tomb in the gravel is wrong, we need to find a proper formation of a rock around here that could be an entrance to a tomb.
If I was to construct a tomb to myself, I might build it in the center of the island.

kinem

Adventurer
Once again, Ungroth kicks loose some sandy gravel, but finds no tunnel there.

The mound is pretty much in the center of the island.

The crumbling area goes from ground level to about 20' high, so it might be possible to do something to probe it while standing on the ground.

Remove ads