S1: Tomb of Horrors - IC

cool hand luke

First Post
As Gunden leads the group up towards the collection of stones, he begins to speak, again, You know, now that I think about it, i t would seem that the undead would really need a sense of humor. I mean, can you imagine facing an unlifetime of no laughing? of course, all the undead i've run about seem to be grumpy. Maybe it's because they've all been around so long they have heard every good joke! I imagine that would be a considerable negative to living that long, just nothing left that's funny that you haven't seen or heard.

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=stones]
kinem-albums-pbp-pics-picture1724-toh.jpg
[/sblock]
Other than their arrangement, the black stones seem to have nothing unusual about them.

You don't see any pits or entrances on the hilltop.

Gorash appreciate a good humor, especially when it comes with a mug of dark dwarven ale and gnomes bards with drums. He laughs loudly from Gunden's joke and alerts the nearby wildlife of their approaching.
Stones, my specialty.
Gorash approach the place, trying to check for traps or hidden entrances before he declares the place to be nothing more then ordinary stones that were placed by unknown civilization.

cool hand luke

First Post
OOC: Just to clarify the picture of the skull stones is from above (like you are flying over it) and the whole island is trapezoidal?

The pic makes it look like it could be on the side of the hill.

kinem

Adventurer
Gorash doesn't find any traps or hidden entrances among the stones.

ooc: The stones are on the flat horizontal top of the hill. The pic is from above, looking south from north. Despite how the pic looks, it is the hill that is rectangular, not the island.

WarShrike

First Post
Ungroth examines the stones as well, especially the bases to see if the ground at their feet are scratched or scarred, which would suggest the stones can be moved or may have been moved recently.

cool hand luke

First Post
Gunden hikes up his colorful robes, and then walks around the stones, watching the others work as much as looking himself.

I must say I've never been very good at finding hidden stuff. My mother used to always say I'd lose my own head if it wasn't screwed on tight. It sure seems like this would be a good place to put the entrance to the tomb, I mean why stack all these stones in the smiley face if not to attract attention?

OOC: besides the stones on the top, was there anything else I saw during my flight that stood out from how the rest of the island looked?

kinem

Adventurer
"Father Jared said that liches are mean" Gruskin says. "Some people say that about half-orcs too. But Father Jared doesn't. Anyway, maybe this lich liked tricks."

ooc: The only other feature on the hill that seems to stand out is the crumbling cliff of gravel and sand, which might be loose enough to dig into.

My first guess was that these stones are tombstones.
Gorash remarks as he ponders about where the enterance can be.
We can search and circle the place, could be that the entrance lies hidden in the cliffs

Remove ads