• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Saga Edition): Star Wars Classics

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Both the Rebellion Era Campaign Guide and Threats of the Galaxy seem to have additional droids featured in them; might anyone have either and be able to quickly list which droid models are detailed?

Blackrat, I'm certain we can work out some kind of joint background if you'd care to be my character's nominal owner. :)

Yeah, that'd be good.

ToG has R3, R4 & R5 series that can be played. There's also R2-R series but it doesn't say anything about playability... Probably corrected in Errata... Also GH-7 med droid, M-3PO military protocol droid and TC protocol droid.

And as you said you'd like hovering droid, I think that you could make it a Q7 series easily enough by converting an R4 or R5...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Q7-series_astromech_droid

Last edited:

possum

First Post
drothgery: Well, if you are ever able to acquire any of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, jump on the opportunity. You're missing out.

Ambrus: It shouldn't be a problem, as it seems to me like you're going a minimal combat route. Either way, it should be fine. If it becomes a problem, I'll simply scale up the difficulty of the encounters by adding a few more mooks.

Blackrat: Well, the book doesn't say that the recon R2 variant can't be played by a PC. Besides, if I think the person can pull it off, I'd always make exceptions.

Ambrus

Explorer
Thanks for the info and suggestion Blackrat; the Q7 sounds pretty much like what I had in mind. It'd be nice to find more information on it though. It does seem as if their size is overestimated; an R-series' domed head isn't anywhere near 1 meter wide so I have trouble imagining that the Q7 is so much bigger.

Out of curiosity, how is the R2-R different from the standard R2?

possum

First Post
Regular R2 is a nonheroic 2, while the R2-R is a first level scoundrel. It also has a hold-out blaster pistol as a weapon opposed to just a cattle prod. It's slightly wiser than a regular R2, but one point less intelligent, but not enough to hurt it.

Shalimar

First Post
You could also just build a custom droid, 28 pts which is what Stella is built on, is more than enough to replicate most of the regular droids. With 14,000 credits you could even afford some upgrades and extra systems.

Ambrus

Explorer
You seem to have more familiarity with building droids PCs using the Saga rules than I do. So how exactly did you design your HRD; they're normally not allowed as PCs are they? I take it you simply improvised your own version of an HRD; independently of their official writeup, right? How do you take into account you're HRD's impenetrable synthskin disguise? Is it a droid accessory? And your droid has a Jedi level? I was under the impression that droids couldn't be force sensitive.

drothgery

First Post
You seem to have more familiarity with building droids PCs using the Saga rules than I do. So how exactly did you design your HRD; they're normally not allowed as PCs are they? I take it you simply improvised your own version of an HRD; independently of their official writeup, right?

The Replica Droid write-up in Threats of the Galaxy says they're playable as droid heroes; there's a sidebar statting them up as a species.

And your droid has a Jedi level? I was under the impression that droids couldn't be force sensitive.

They can't be. However, although it's usually kind of silly to do so (as many of the talents are useless), you don't actually have to have the Force Sensitive feat to take Jedi levels.

Ambrus is right. Page 186 bottom right says droids cannot choose the Jedi class.

There's always been some argument on whether that meant droids can't ever take levels in Jedi, or whether they can't start as Jedi. However, it's worth noting that PROXY is statted with Jedi levels.

Remove ads