Sarah Silverman leads class-action lawsuit against ChatGPT creator

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I’d rather not go through a SkyNet robot uprising only to eventually have a Butlerian Jihad to finally come to our senses. When we are wise enough to handle AI we can revisit the tech. We’re clearly nowhere near wise enough at present.

I’d rather not go through a SkyNet robot uprising only to eventually have a Butlerian Jihad to finally come to our senses. When we are wise enough to handle AI we can revisit the tech. We’re clearly nowhere near wise enough at present.
and never will be if we're being brutely honest

overgeeked

B/X Known World
And no, ChatGPT isn't harmless.

369729138_815286023932719_3276926215980832733_n.jpg

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Here's an actual link, in case anyone is interested.
eta: Amazon could just reject any newly submitted books that fail an AI detector scan, I imagine. That wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a start. (eta: nvm. Turns out AI detectors don't work on writing. To halt this, a company would have to do some actual work to separate the real from the AI, and that would cost money.)
Either way, as a retail platform, Amazon does't seem to have much incentive to stop this, since they get their cut either way.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
It would be even better if copyright is assigned to the people whose work is the basis for the output. Did you use the public domain to train and then your drawing as an input? you get copyright. Did you scrape the web to train and use as an input? now all of those people co-own the image!
In a perfect world, sure, but tracking whose work was used in a particular image would be essentially impossible. Tracking the copyright to such work doubly so.

Ryujin

Legend
I can't remember if I've seen this mentioned anywhere, but Windows 11 23H2 update, which I think is slated for October this year, is going to be adding an AI assistant called Copilot.

Horwath

Legend
I knew this was familiar from somewhere:

Remove ads