• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide! (Recruiting Closed, Players Selected!)

Tonks

First Post
Malvoisin: I was hoping to ask your opinion on something, but it says you are not taking e-mails from the board. Could you drop me a line at tonks123(at)gmail.com? It is nothing big, so no pressure or anything.

Malvoisin

First Post
Tonks said:
Malvoisin: I was hoping to ask your opinion on something, but it says you are not taking e-mails from the board. Could you drop me a line at tonks123(at)gmail.com? It is nothing big, so no pressure or anything.

Tonks,

*cue soothing announcer-guy voice*

'You've Got Mail!'

Malvoisin

First Post
Hey all,

Just a reminder....I'll be making my player selections in two days. So, if you have any last-minute ideas, updates, or questions, best get them in soon.

That is all. :)

-Mal

Watus

First Post
Here's two:

Morn Buckman - Half-orc Thug - lowbrow bruiser specializing in the maintenance of crew discipline. Will do just about anything if the price is right.

Salih Dariyah - Human Swashbuckler with a Major Djinni Bloodline of which he entirely unaware. Young and naive, he knows only that he is happiest high in the rigging on a windy day.

Tonks

First Post
I know I said I wouldn't do a write up for the Hadozee fighter, but after an idea hit me this morning I went ahead and jotted it down.

Ghent: Hadozee Polearm fighrer (glaive spec) who will be focusing on the feats in Dragon Compendium. I will list them all out as he takes them if you accept that source.

[sblock=history]Although the hadozee take pride on being a peaceful race, it would be foolish to assume they achieved that peace by remaining ignorant in the ways of combat. Drawing their guardians mainly from young males seeking to increase their chances of taking a mate, Ghent sought neither the fame of service, nor the luxury of a mate. He wished only to learn the skills of a fighter and towards the end of his training, to find a ship that would carry him away from his homeland.

Ghent’s lineage was neither impressive nor unimpressive, as his parents were simple gatherers of fish and fruit that the islands provided for them. They did however embrace the tenants of being fruitful and multiplying, bringing Ghent into the world as their seventh child. While the islands and their extended families ensured that Ghent and his siblings never lacked for anything, he often felt out of place among his carefree people.

While his brothers and sisters went to the cliffs to go diving, Ghent would watch the older males practice with their weapons. He would then run into the woods to practice the maneuvers he saw with bamboo weapons he made for himself. It was not long before Ghent’s spying became common knowledge and he was allowed to join as a squire, a courtesy title given to young hadozees who wished to play soldier when they were young. Ghent soon proved though that while he was young, he did not merely wish to play at learning an adult’s art.

Although he was gifted with size and strength at a young age, Ghent’s parents were not comfortable with having their son engaging in close combat training and begged the teachers to keep him away from battle drills without making it obvious that they were doing so. This selfish act on their part turned out to be a blessing in disguise for Ghent, as it allowed him to be introduced to the ceremonial weapon of the hadozees; a glaive.

Initially he practiced only with a heavy wooden replica of the weapon, allowing him to grow accustomed to the weight and length, and after a year of focused practice, he was handling the complicated drills assigned to him with ease. Surprised at Ghent’s seemingly natural talent with the weapon, it was decided to allow him to begin practicing with a real, although unsharpened, weapon. Again Ghent pursued his practice with the weapon with a single minded determination that was beginning to draw the praise of the true fighters and scorn from the older males who were being upstaged by the young protégé.

The next spring allowed Ghent to be considered for acceptance as a student instead of a squire and his parents knew their youngest could not be persuaded to consider any life outside of soldiering. Giving their consent to him, Ghent packed his few belongings and moved into the young male barracks. At the age of fourteen, Ghent already had two years of training on those who joined simply to be guardsmen by the fall mating season and after upstaging many males who he faced in the placement outings, he was selected for advanced training. The next three years passed in a blur as Ghent seemed to live only for the hours he could train and disassociated himself further from his family.

This distancing would prove to be his undoing when his family was approached in regards to the marriage of Ghent to the daughter head of the royal guards. Seeing the promise in any children that Ghent would father, the older soldier assumed that Ghent would comply and be pleased with the reward for years of hard work, training, and service. Although Ghent had been untested in true combat, he had fared well against the normal threats to fishermen and harvesters on the islands and the chances of him ever being needed for more than that was remote at best.

Delighted with the offer, his family said yes immediately assuming Ghent was aware of the offer as well, but when the news finally did reach him, Ghent’s reaction was far different than his parents’. Enraged by what he saw as a betrayal from the mentor he trusted above all others in his life; Ghent left the islands of his people rather than be seen as little more than breeding stock. Taking only his armor and blades, Ghent turned his back on his people and swore he would not return until he was seen as a true warrior in all eyes.

Three months later, Ghent arrived in Sasserine and although he has only been in the city a short time, he has already bested three men who thought he was nothing more than a talking ape. How long he remains in the city is anyone’s guess though.[/sblock]

Character Concept: Zelar Goodhope - Half-Orc Barbarian/Paladin?

Hi there,

Thank you for both the time and consideration! Here is my character concept for your consideration

Character Concept

The general concept is that of a half orc- barbarian/paladin if possible. I realize this is against "alignment rules" but am more than happy to play a barbarian/fighter.

Background

Unlike most half-orcs, Zelar has had a normal childhood. It is rare indeed where people can see past appearances and fall in love with the "person inside." Such was the case with Zelar's parents. Some might say that Zelar's father - Thanos Goodhope (i thought you might recognize the name, yes he is one of the Goodhope family who are famed far are wide for "Goodhope Stink fruit ale", "hellwasp beer" and the most delectable "Violet fungus mead") was not the handsomest of men..errr...the words "eeks","what is that???" etc. have been heard being muttered behind his back. Many even wonder how Ergak, his mother- known throughout orcdom for her beauty, ever even married such an ugly human. Then again,much has been said about her amazing ability to shatter glass with her burps.

It is into this loving family that Zelar was born. His parents had had trouble conceiving and made many offerings and prayers to Pelor, including the offering of their first born into his service. Their prayers were answered, so to speak, and is evidenced by the 9 brothers and sisters that Zelar has. He was, and still is rather unruly and has trouble with discipline. He tries hard but has trouble keeping his focus. As such, he has been sent to the temple of Pelor so that he can learn to be more disciplined. He is generally a good natured fellow,and rather timid and mild despite his massive appearance.

I think that the tie in with Sebrina would work well Stonegod. As long as its Ok with Malvoisin, and we make the cut. ;)

Malvoisin, please don't count my lack of posting against me, I'm away on business until Sunday and my computer time is very limited. After this trip ends I'll be able to post regularly for the adventure.

Candide

First Post
Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!

Har har!<clears throat>

Sylus, Half-Elf Bard

As wild as they come. If there's a story to be told, a drink to be guzzled, ship to be sailed, or woman to be woo'ed, Sylus is your man. Born from the illfated pairing of a beautiful elf maiden, and a boorish, drunkard of a human, Sylus is a half-elf. A half-elf thats too charming for his own good really. Usually wooing women, and then getting into trouble with their husbands. He doesn't much through, so he tends to be impulsive.

Role: Well, a bard. The Face of the party, and backup whatever/buff-meister. I intend to keep up his inter-personal skills (bluff, Diplomacy, etc.). I don't know where I'll take him as far as PrCs are concerned. Maybe just straight bard

This would be the type of guy that everyone knows somehow. He makes friends easily, and hopefully use them as contacts later if needed.

Remove ads