Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
So as part of the adventure almost over (you still have to get the refugees back to Fort Refuge and there might be adventure there) it is the end of Session 3 which means everyone is going to get a Raise and re-set their Bennies (Deezy resets here Gadget ability also). For Alenys, this means she can take her 3 Hindrance AND then spend them as if at character creation (so she is getting 1 raise and 2 others that she can use to Raise attributes or take Edges that are above Novice, just like at character creation).

Shayuri

First Post
Eeenteresting.

I shall think on this raise. Putting TW to 1d12 is a strong option. I will be using that skill a LOT.

But another Benny would be nice too. As this encounter rather conclusively demonstrated, running out of Bennies means running out of options. :)

Thanks for sticking with us on the learning curve, GreenKarl!

GreenKarl

First Post
Ha, well I am a huge Savage Worlds fan, despite its pit falls (it is VERY swingy I know) and I have always been a fan of Rifts, just never (ever) played it before as I hated the old original system.

We tried playing the Palladium Superhero system back in the day and discovered quickly that the system got in the way of having any fun :)

Shayuri

First Post
Oh man yes. Literally anything is better than original Palladium rules. :)

And I feel like I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of Savage Worlds. Technowizards in particular are a curious sort, because you have to always be thinking not just in terms of what powers you HAVE, but what powers there ARE...because you can pop a new temporary power out at a moment's notice.

It's pretty awesome, but takes getting used to. :)

CharlotteOz

Explorer
No real complaints here other than frustration at not being able to land a solid hit on most of the people I've fought, and I suppose that's either fixable via edges or raising Fighting, setting them up with Tricks, or just learning to live with it.

Dawn would vote for taking them both prisoner, but since Alenys bit the mage in half that's probably not an option; so she'll field strip the crazy's weapons, get him into some restraints and is very eager to get away from the ley line nexus that's giving her a headache. Once free and clear she'll use the IRMSS to help with lasting injuries to the team.

GreenKarl

First Post
:D
One thing to help with the swingy is to get base Bonuses over dice bumps (although they help also), so for Dawn something like Trademark Weapon (which gives +1 to hit) might help.

GreenKarl

First Post
Naw I have never played that way... I figure you could call Fisticuffs Trademark Weapon, and I don't generally like that idea of something you could lose and waste a whole Raise on...

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, flat bonuses are nice, but very hard to come by for combat skills.

Though if I got a decent TW weapon, I could get a small bonus on that...hmm...

GreenKarl

First Post
Magnus had a TK Revolver. It does not do lots of damage BUT you would get your Techno-Wizard +2 bonus with it...

TK Revolver (range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, ROF1, AP-4, Shots 6*, Wt. 4lbs)
*Requires 2PPE/ISP to recharge back to a full clip

Remove ads