[Savage Worlds] Secret License Revealed: Savage World of Solomon Kane!

mmadsen

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
I'm excited, but I for one do not want to see the poisonous racism of some of the Soloman Kane stories carried over. That particular aspect of REH's work can die.
Personally, I'll be offended if the book depicts any religious intolerance... ;)

Emirikol

Adventurer
The Reobert E. Howard books from the 1900's didn't know that "pussifying" words was going to be a big deal post 1970's. If they use his stuff at all, expect racisim, sexism, and plenty of strong biases.

Ever read any of his original Conan or Kane manuscripts? ;)

jh

Jack Morgan

First Post
I will almost certainly buy this at some point. As for the racism, well yeah it's there- but, well, it's in all the pulp I've read ro one degree or another. Sixteenth century africa sounds like a cool place to adventure.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, I knew that a Solomon Kane was getting an RPG from a science fiction magazine, but not which system.

Too bad that it is Savage Worlds, I guess that I will ignore it then.

The Auld Grump

WizarDru

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
Hmmm, I knew that a Solomon Kane was getting an RPG from a science fiction magazine, but not which system.

Too bad that it is Savage Worlds, I guess that I will ignore it then.

Huh? Savage Worlds is an RPG system. Is there also a magazine by that name?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Er, I think he meant that he knew from a science fiction mag that Solomon Kane was getting a new RPG, not that the RPG would be from the magazine.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Er, I think he meant that he knew from a science fiction mag that Solomon Kane was getting a new RPG, not that the RPG would be from the magazine.

That is correct - aren't unattributed pronouns fun?

I just do not much like the SW system, too formless for my tastes. (And I pure hate the way they handle weird science.)

The Auld Grump

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Since I once did a homebrew lkoosely based on Solomon Kane and practically all my Human characters since have been inspired by him then this is definately something to excite me (and not much RPG material does these day)

Never seen the Savage World system but did find the demo rules download they have on their site and it looks too much like a 'fist-full'a-dice' system for my liking

IF the fluff is good (ie pics and story background) I may still get it (if I can find it) and use it as more inspiration...

Twowolves

Explorer
Tonguez said:
Never seen the Savage World system but did find the demo rules download they have on their site and it looks too much like a 'fist-full'a-dice' system for my liking

Only if you consider two, at most 4 to be a "fistfull". One die for the action plus the wild die. Firing multiple rounds at once bumps it up to 3, IIRC, plus the wild die.

Now, Classic Deadlands was more of a fistfull of dice kinda game, however.

Fishbone

First Post
No, the 15d6 spells, thats a fistful. HERO is a fistful. Roll 2 die isn't a fistful. I'm more psyched for the Low Life Player's Guide and the Whole Hole, though I do like Soloman Kane.

Remove ads