• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Saved!) Spirit of the Century: Legend of the Forbidden City

Psion

Adventurer
NOTE: I NEED MORE PLAYERS OR I WILL HAVE TO CANCEL THIS GAME. I'LL KEEP BOOKS WITH ME IN CASE I NEED TO RUN AT THE LAST MINUTE.

Snakes! Gorillas! Demon-men! Girls with ray-guns! Testy natives! A secret brotherhood of assassins!

These challenges and more face the members of the Century Club as they follow clues that will lead them to steamy jungles as they uncover the truth behind the Legend of the Forbidden City!

This is a session of Evil Hat Production's Spirit of the Century. This is also an entry in the Gary-Con commemorative event in which gamers across the commit to run a classic dungeon crawl in memory of Gary Gygax. In this case, I plan on taking a classic AD&D dungeon crawl (which one should be obvious to longtime fans) and "pulping it up."

Spirit of the Century is a game of pulp action heroics, with larger than life characters and rich backgrounds.

For those who do not have the rules and would like a preview, there is an SRD available here:
http://www.faterpg.com/dl/sotc-srd.html

I will be giving players a chance to do the backgrounds for their characters, and any other work they want to do. I will be making characters for this game; if you are interested in making your own, you are invited to drop by the rogues gallery thread and participate. The rogues gallery thread is here.

There are 6 slots for this round.

Players:
1) Madwabbit
2) Supplanter
3) nephlm
4) Goken100
5) morganc14
6)

Alternates:
1)
2)
3)

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Got it.

Alas, I have to attend to my home SotC game before I flesh this one out some more. I also may try to see what players come up with in their backgrounds.

Psion

Adventurer
Alright, here's how I am going to do chargen.

I'll start a chargen thread over in the rogues gallery and link it here. As we only have 2 players signed up at the moment, I'm going to be assuming that most or all of the remainder (assuming there are others) won't have time to make characters.

I'll start coming up with ideas and putting them up there. I'll leave the "guest novels" for last, so if any of you have your own character ideas, you can do the whole "guest appearance" thing. I'm going to try to have all characters done Wednesday so I can commit them to character sheets Thursday.

If you like something I'm doing, you can decide to call dibs on that character at any stage and take over its creation. Otherwise, we'll do the whole "guest appearance" thing at the appropriate time.

Edit: the rogues gallery thread is started; it is here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221172

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Psion, given the hosting duty I'm sure I'm going to be involved in, I'm definitely thinking I won't be able to do this. Which totally sucks, but it is what it is.

Someday I really want to play SotC with you.

Anyway, unless a few more folks sign up today or tomorrow, maybe you and Supplanter should try to get into other open games?

Psion

Adventurer
Yeah, I considered that. I might sign on to something else, but bring my books in case another game collapses.

madwabbit

First Post
Awesome -- I'm bringing my book and Fudge dice as well, and I'll jump on board with any pre-gen you've got, assuming that all goes well and no one shows up late. If we have late folks, though, I'm screwed because of the two-stage secured access path into the offices.

Supplanter

First Post
Gah! This saddens me, darnit. I just put a plea on my LJ, which is read by at least two of the three SOTC designers, for players. Maybe someone will know someone who will sign on at the last minute.

Best,

Jim

Psion

Adventurer
Supplanter said:
Gah! This saddens me, darnit. I just put a plea on my LJ, which is read by at least two of the three SOTC designers, for players. Maybe someone will know someone who will sign on at the last minute.

Didja? Well, if people jump in and show, I'll run. :)

I'll change the heading so as to not scare anyone off.

Last edited:

Remove ads