• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

tiornys

Explorer
So, assuming nothing unexpected happens, I'm planning to wait for Velani to flank the creature and Kali to have his axes in hand, at which point I'll summon Gorm, Spirit Infusion on Kali, and then summon Gorm again, giving 4 temps to Velani and Kali. I'll probably also burn the boon for an extra minor action and give Kyalia +4 damage until the end of my next turn.

Hopefully I'll be able to post that in sequence, but if I take too long, feel free to use that info to keep things moving.

t~

Thanee

First Post
You should make sure, that the beast is flanked by two of you when my turn comes up, then (if I get the +4 to damage)... with AP that would be 4 attacks at +2 to hit and +4 damage.

Bye
Thanee

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Goonalan, any chance of allowing an insignificant retcon back to Velani's last turn? She had a minor available, and would certainly have activiated her defender's aura. It's not a huge deal, I can have her do it this turn if you'd rather....

My plan is to have Velani shift from the rat and charge into flank with Kali against our new summoned friend so it'll beat on her.

Done, I'll add it to the rat when I get back in at home.

Cheers PDR

larryfinnjr

First Post
Velani's Charge

Actually my charge as stated works (I believe!). Thing to note is a charge does not require moving to the nearest square of the enemy. It requires moving toward the enemy with each step (number of squares away).

from the compendium: The creature moves up to its speed toward the target. Each square of movement must bring the creature closer to the target, and the creature must end the move at least 2 squares away from its starting position.

Velani's shift to I9 - absolutely. Then charge through J8, K7, and end in L6. Each square brings Velani closer to the target. Unless I'm missing something else, this looks legit to me. Thoughts?

interestingly, i forgot to even include the flanking bonus in her hit roll.... :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Velani's Charge

Actually my charge as stated works (I believe!). Thing to note is a charge does not require moving to the nearest square of the enemy. It requires moving toward the enemy with each step (number of squares away).

from the compendium: The creature moves up to its speed toward the target. Each square of movement must bring the creature closer to the target, and the creature must end the move at least 2 squares away from its starting position.

Velani's shift to I9 - absolutely. Then charge through J8, K7, and end in L6. Each square brings Velani closer to the target. Unless I'm missing something else, this looks legit to me. Thoughts?

interestingly, i forgot to even include the flanking bonus in her hit roll.... :)

My bad, you're right... will sort it.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Quick heads up: I'm relocating to Leeds for 2 months this weekend for my new show. I don't intend on it disrupting the flow here but the first few days may be a little hectic for me. I have internet and my laptop up there so normal service will be expected. I'll keep you posted. :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Quick heads up: I'm relocating to Leeds for 2 months this weekend for my new show. I don't intend on it disrupting the flow here but the first few days may be a little hectic for me. I have internet and my laptop up there so normal service will be expected. I'll keep you posted. :)

Good luck.

tiornys

Explorer
Sorry for the extended absence. Things have quieted down, and I should be back to normal posting.

Thanks for executing my plan in the meantime. That's pretty much what I had in mind, and the results are everything I was hoping for :)

t~

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
A level 6 Brute with 90 HP and an attack 2d12+4 (off the top of my head) that's all bad- reduced to nothing in a little over a round. Kali and Kyalia with the big hits there.

You... etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads