• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

tiornys

Explorer
Strikers engage and neutralize priority targets as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Strikers have access to increased mobility and/or ranged attacks, allowing them to penetrate or bypass enemy defenses and attack their preferred targets. They have debuffs to hinder those targets and high damage output to kill those targets quickly.
Fulfilling their role, I'd say ;)

t~

Thanee

First Post
Here's the cat image I had posted in my character sheet already. :)

kyaliacat.png

Bye
Thanee

P.S: Will post in IC during afternoon, most likely. Bit busy right now.

tiornys

Explorer
As Thanee already noted, close and area attacks (typically bursts and blasts, but also walls) ignore concealment, including total concealment such as that provided by invisibility (Rules Compendium pp 220-221--note the negative inference from Concealment specifically penalizing melee and ranged attacks only--or RC pp 102-105, under Line of Sight for each power type). There are no default rules for ending invisibility--it lasts as long as the ability that creates it says. If Frazzle is using the standard Gnome racial Fade Away, he'll stay invisible until he attacks or until the end of his turn.

That was somewhat more effective than I'd expected (although in line with what I was praying for!). It was a daily - action point - daily combo, though :)

t~

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Hope no one was put out by Velani 'deciding' Frazzle had to die. I really thought long and hard about what she would say and do at that moment. Took me a couple tries to come up with the right words and attitude. I felt like Tevia in Fiddler on the Roof - one one hand... but on the other hand... THERE IS NO OTHER HAND! :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Hope no one was put out by Velani 'deciding' Frazzle had to die. I really thought long and hard about what she would say and do at that moment. Took me a couple tries to come up with the right words and attitude. I felt like Tevia in Fiddler on the Roof - one one hand... but on the other hand... THERE IS NO OTHER HAND! :)

I think it was well played- I'll be honest I expected you to let the Gnome off the hook, the fact that you did the opposite impressed me- meta versus characterisation.

From my POV, and with a DMs hindsight, I think it marvelously fitting that Frazzle died caught in a zone of Necrotic power, or else he could have shuffled backwards and be struck down by Velani's Radiant power. He chose a necrotic death for a reason... see below.

Of course that leaves a gap in your story, or else your understanding of the events here in the crypt- particularly with the new info I've just posted as regards Vecna.

A better Arcana skill check would certainly help you along at this point, Viator? Ah-shahran? Perhaps you could oblige.

Just to say I would like you to consider the report you are going to write/produce on your return to civilisation- Eoffram Troyas will be expecting an answer to the following questions (and perhaps others)-

What is/was going on at the Rivenroar Crypt?
What forces are/were at work there?
How do your findings tie in with the revival of the Red Hand?

At the end of each of the scenarios I think it would be a good thing to produce some sort of report/story-so-far document- concise of course, but something that will provide you (and me) with a summary of situation so far. I believe this will be of use to you (and me) as we progress through these adventures.

Obviously I'll help you out as much as I can with this, I don't intend it to be homework so much as (as I've already stated) a help sheet/status report so that you can try and divine how the events that follow fit the pattern.

Wonderful play people.

Remove ads